Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country does not match payment method

Solved!

Country does not match payment method

My Question or Issue

Hi! I have been using Spotify for a while now and I've grown to like it quite a lot, so I've decided to upgrade to Premium.

I created it when I was in Romania and my location is, obviously Romania. Since creating the account I moved to a country where the app isn't available yet and I've been trying to upgrade my account from said country. I've introduced my credit card digits from here + the card was made at a local bank. 

Every time I tried signing up a message popped up, saying the payment method did not match the country. It suggested changing the payment method or the country, but since the only payment method in Romania is by credit card and Spotify isn't available in the country I'm in, I am at loss as to what should I do.

Please help me out if you can!

Plan

Free

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime 

Operating System

Android

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sadpeach,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify are launching in new countries as often as possible. Until Spotify has launched in your country, you, unfortunately, won't be able to use Spotify (Premium).

Be sure to add your email at http://www.spotify.com/why-not-available/ to be the first to hear 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @sadpeach,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify are launching in new countries as often as possible. Until Spotify has launched in your country, you, unfortunately, won't be able to use Spotify (Premium).

Be sure to add your email at http://www.spotify.com/why-not-available/ to be the first to hear 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How is this a solution...smdh?

Hey there @Pablodan,

Thanks for jumping in this thread and asking about this. 

Whenever a user, a Rock Star or a moderator gives a reply and it's relevant, it could be marked as a Solution by other users in the Community. In this way it appears on the top and more people with the same question could see the answer asap. 

Here you can suggest ideas for how we can improve the app or support existing ideas. Before you post, make sure someone else hasn't already suggested the same or a similar idea.

We hope this helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts