Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card from another country

Solved!

Credit card from another country

I live in Europe but my credit card belongs to South America and Spotify tells me to set the latter as my location. Won't I have any problems in the future if I set that? 😕

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Larissa992

To get premium, the country setting on your account and the country where the credit card was issued have to match up.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Larissa992

To get premium, the country setting on your account and the country where the credit card was issued have to match up.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

I am having the same issue here. My credit card is from a bank in France, and I live in Portugal; my credit card address is set to Portugal, but I still cannot change the country. How is this?

Why are you using the country where the card is issued? And not the address associated with it?

I bought a family premium membership, and nobody in my family can join due to these verification steps. I suppose because my account is set to France and my address to Portugal, nobody in my family who has an account set to Portugal can join. Is that right?

Please let me change my account to Portugal then, without having a bank card from a Portuguese bank! I move between countries often and do not open bank accounts every time I move.

How are we going to solve this issue? I cannot believe that I am the only one in this situation. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Anne.

Hi there @annepajon,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

Premium Family is a discounted plan for up to 6 family members who live together. This means all accounts must be set to the same country to be part of a plan. If you all want to be part of the same plan, your account must be set to Portugal, and that can only be done by updating your payment method to one issued in Portugal. If you don't have one, you can check if one of your family members does. If so, they can create a family plan from their account, and everyone else can join as members. If you need to, you can cancel your subscription with these steps, and once your account is back to free, you'll be able to update the country settings to Portugal with these steps.

On another note, if none of you have a payment method issued in Portugal, you can enjoy Premium with gift cards. However, gift cards can only be redeemed for Premium Individual. 

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts