Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Currently living in Argentina, but want to pay for family premium with an American card

Solved!

Currently living in Argentina, but want to pay for family premium with an American card

Hey fellas, I wanted to ask if it's possible to pay for family premium with my card with my American account, so I can share with my wife and several friends (who also have American accounts), but while living in Argentina. 

My primary account is set in the U.S and I wanted to buy family so I can share with loved ones. However, I am currently in Argentina and would like to know if sharing the family premium with others while they are here with me in Argentina is possible.

Alternatively, will the best method to achieve be creating an Argentinian account (like the one I'm posting with right now) and ask a friend if he can lend me his Argentinian debit card to pay for the service).

Tl;dr: I want to pay for family premium with my Argentinian account, but it won't let me because I have an American debit card. Can I still pay for it on my American account, and still share the premium benefits with my wife and friends, who also have American accounts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Wirch008,

It's great to hear you want to join Spotify Family!

To purchase Premium, the card must be registered in the same country as where you live. I understand this is frustrating for you.

In regards to sharing music with them, as per Spotify's Terms and Conditions, you must reside at the same address, so as long as you live in the same house - they can join the Family plan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

By the way. My wife and friends are currently living here in Argentina as well but have American accounts. Should they each create Argentinian accounts and look for a valid payment method here in Argentina, or can we all share the benefits of family premium on our American accounts, while living here in Argentina?

Marked as solution

Hello @Wirch008,

It's great to hear you want to join Spotify Family!

To purchase Premium, the card must be registered in the same country as where you live. I understand this is frustrating for you.

In regards to sharing music with them, as per Spotify's Terms and Conditions, you must reside at the same address, so as long as you live in the same house - they can join the Family plan.

Suggested posts