Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo address confirmation doesn't work with second account

Duo address confirmation doesn't work with second account

I signed up for a Duo account and invited my niece to join so we could save money. I sent her the text and used her phone to select the link. I tried matching the address several times and it errors out.
7 Replies

Hey @PJH3,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Keep in mind that Premium Duo is a discounted plan for two people, who live together at the same address. If you live together - your niece should be able to join. 

We'd recommend that you check your address on your account page, send the invitation link again and make sure that your niece is typing the address correctly.

Here you can find more information about address verification for Duo Plan as well.

Tip: We usually recommend using an incognito window when accepting the invite as it doesn't keep that info saved.

Hope this helps 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Doesn't work. This is my second attempt at fixing this problem. 

Hey @PJH3

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

On another note, would you mind asking your niece to try accepting the invite from a different device and using a different internet connection?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Screenshot_20230510_193216_Chrome.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Spotify Duo address confirmation process for your second account. I understand how frustrating it can be when things don't work as expected. Let me suggest a few possible solutions that might help you overcome this hurdle:

Firstly, please ensure that both accounts have the same address registered in their individual account settings. It's worth double-checking for any typos or discrepancies that might be causing the issue.

Another option you can try is to clear the cache and cookies on your niece's phone browser. Alternatively, you could try using a different browser or device to access the link and see if that resolves the issue.

It's also important to make sure that your niece's account is not already part of another Premium Duo or Family plan. This could potentially cause conflicts with the address confirmation process and lead to the issue you're facing.

If none of the above solutions work, then it may be worthwhile to reach out to Spotify's customer support team for further assistance. You can easily contact them through the Spotify app, their website, or via social media channels like Twitter.

I hope these suggestions will help you get the most out of your Spotify Duo subscription with your niece.

Please let me know what helped you solve this problem.

Hey @PJH3,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We'd recommend that you get in touch with our Customer Support team via one of the channels here about this. They should be able to take a closer look into the matter and check your niece's account.

As much as we'd like to assist you further - we can't make any account related actions here in the Community as we don't have access to the necessary systems and tools.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts