Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo address verification BUGGY

Duo address verification BUGGY

I have just signed up to Duo and verified my address, then invited my partner. My parter has followed the invite URL and entered the exact same address as me but it says our addresses do not match.

So pathetic!

Does Spotify even care about usability?

4 Replies

Hi there @charlestornros 

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the address verification.

The best way going about the verification is by using an incognito browser session on a desktop PC with a LAN internet connection and no VPN enabled.

If you've already tried this via a PC and it still doesn't work, you could both try using a public address in your vicinity instead :slightly_smiling_face:

Tip: Removing house or street numbers may also help. If your partner is doing the address confirmation from a mobile device, it's also important that they're physically at the address when confirming it.

Keep us posted!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still doesn't work. We both live at the same address in Sweden but I have used a company card with a UK address. It looks like my country has been changed to UK based on the billing address, even though it's not my residential address, and that's the source of the mis-match.

Why does this have to be so complicated? This has all been such a poor UX and a waste of time. Cancelling subscription.

Hey @charlestornros,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Your country is determined by the payment method you're using, so if you're using a payment method issued in the UK, your account's country will be set to UK and you won't be able to invite your partner if their account is registered in Sweden.

If you'd like to change the country on your account, you'll need to enter a payment method that's matching your country of residence (in your case Sweden). In this article you can find more on how to update your payment details.

For more info on the different payment methods that you can use - head here.

Take care! 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That is unnecessarily bureaucratic and certainly not user-friendly.

I have already cancelled my subscription.

Suggested posts