Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo won't work due to "wrong address", but I live with my wife

Duo won't work due to "wrong address", but I live with my wife

So, my plan was free up to now. My wife had premium for a long time.

Yesterdy she signed us up for Duo and invited me. (We both live in Slovenia)

I re-checked my address in my own profile, accepted the invite, and keep on getting a message, that the address does not match up for us both.

My username is - vg0dsw0qqqtup2lh7ymyf4err

12 Replies

I am having the same issue, with addresses in Finland. We've also tried re-adding the addresses and changing browsers, nothing seems to help.

Hey folks!

Would you mind doublechecking your account country and the address of the Duo manager account, verifying whether it is the same as the one you're typing in?
Alternatively, you could try writing the address line without any numbers to see if that makes a difference.
Tip: It is advisable not to share any screenshots showing your address in the Community.

Let us know how it goes 🙂
Many thanks!

@lpaloahd @Yourself

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey.

Tried both options, still the same error. "You need to live on the same address"

Hey @Yourself!

When joining the Duo plan, you need to be on the address that the plan manager has entered. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then asking your wife to send you a new invite link. If possible, try accepting the invite from another device.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi, my partner and I live in the UK and are experiencing the same issue. We have recently moved in together - do we need to change our addresses in the account settings, and if so, how? Thanks, Jayne

Same problem here in the Netherlands. Have lived with my wife for the past 15 years, but Spotify somehow disagrees. Yet they do take the money. 

Hey @YogaJayneUK,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

In order to prevent issues with the plan, we recommend the plan manager to update the address info by following the steps of this link

Keep in mind, the other user may receive notifications in order to verify the new address info.

Let us know if you need more help.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

My issue has now been resolved. It seems the address is only one of the checks.

Turns out my wife's account had Canada as the country under the Profile. Changing that to Finland to match mine didn't immediately resolve the issue either, but after waiting for a couple of days we were finally able to add her account to the Duo plan. So seems like the old value was cached somewhere for some time.

Hey, no. 

It's actually a bigger issue now , as my wife and I noticed.

I am from Slovenia, we both live together in Slovenia.

My wife is (by nationality) from Serbia, and she paid with her Serbian card.
For some reason (likely due to the card used), her account has the region "Serbia", while mine has SLovenia. 

She can't change it to Slovenia, I can't change it to Serbia.

The kicker is, both her and my Spotify are in my local (Slovene) language.

Is there any option this can be resolved from the tech-support?

Or is our only option to:
- cancel the current DUO subscription from her end
- I give her my creditcard and she pays for Duo again, so she (hopefully?) should have Slovenia as her location in the profile
- she invites me again, and that should be it.
Am I missing anything?

It's really quite frustrating 

Hi @Yourself,

Thanks for clarifying this.

Since your wife used a Serbian payment method to sign up for Premium, the country was set to Serbia automatically. In order to change it, she has to cancel the current subscription and wait till it expires. When the account reverts to Free, she can change the country to Slovenia from her account page.

Once this has been done, she can resubscribe with a Slovenian payment method (since the account's country and the country the payment method has been issued in must match) and send you an invite to the new Duo plan. Alternatively, if you're the only one who has a Slovenian payment method, you can subscribe to Duo on your own account with your card and invite her to join. That way you avoid any possible confusion in the future.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I see..thanks 🙂 Looks like we wasted one month's worth of subscription payments, but at least we know how to proceed now.

Hey @Yourself,

You're welcome! If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a nice day 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts