Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo

Duo

Plan - Duo

Country - India

Device - IPhone 11 

Operating system - IOS 16.1.1  

My Question or Issue - Last year I was using Spotify Premium (individual account) for music. But this year I figured I’ll get the Duo plan to share it with my brother. My current plan (the individual premium one) was going to end on 26th November  2022 but I figured I could change it to Duo. So yesterday, on 24th November 2022 I made the payment for Duo plan. In my receipt section it SHOWS that I paid for the Duo plan. But when I go to my account, it shows me that I have a premium account whose expiry date is 26th November, 2023. How do I send the link to my brother for Duo? It doesn’t even show me that I have Duo.

Do I have to wait till the end my previous plan for the new one to get activated? 

5 Replies

Hey @RohanM3, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd recommend giving it 24 hours since you made this payment as it may take a little bit of time for the system to change your status from Premium to Duo. If it's been 24 hours, can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing on your account overview page? Make sure to hide sensitive information when posting to the Community.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey thanks for replying back so promptly. Yeah, I can do that. I also contacted the online customer care and they told me to wait till my previous plan expires then they will automatically change it to my new Duo plan. So I’ll see if that works, if it doesn’t then I’ll be sure to approach you.

Hey @RohanM3,

Of course! Let me know how everything goes. I’ll be here!

Have a great day ahead 😃

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey you! It worked. The customer care was VERY helpful and they were right. The shift happened automatically and it’s showing me Duo premium now.

Hey @RohanM3,

I’m very happy to hear that! If you need a hand with anything else in the future, don't hesitate to reach out anytime. 

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts