Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPHone XR

Operating System

iOS 15.6.1

My Question or Issue

Unable to login on iOS via Spotify app - getting error message - “something went wrong. Try again (code=30).

Uninstalled app and reinstalled with same issue.

Can log in via web without problem.

Has worked fine for years. I've checked HTTP proxy settings on my WiFi and that says "Off". VPN says "not connected"

6 Replies

Hey @floydandsky

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this.

Could you check your antivirus apps and make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception? It's a good idea to uninstall any ad-blocker apps as well.

We'd also recommend checking your settings as you might have toggled off Cellular data for Spotify app by accident.

If your issue persists, try using a different network. In case you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to try it.

Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi - Weirdly after a couple of days it let me sign in as if nothing had ever been wrong. I have no idea what changed to fix the problem, but I'm pretty sure it was nothing that I did.

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me out!

Hey @floydandsky,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

We've checked your profile and it looks like you're new to the Community. Have you checked out our Music section? You can find song recommendations there!

Also, if you like you can go ahead and introduce yourself here in this thread as well as it's always appreciated 😄 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi I tried the above options, and using different networks but it sill says "something went wrong. Try again (code=30)" - are there other solutions? I deleted the app because my songs that were downloaded weren't playing after 10seconds even though they were downloaded, so an answer in the community suggested deleting the app and doing a clean reinstallation and now I am trying to login again and it says this. 

Hey there @mmunro

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you using any VPNs? If so, we suggest that you turn it off while using the app since it can affect the app performance. 

On another note, have you tried using a different internet connection to see if the same happens? 

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy.

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

If you are receiving the error message "something went wrong. Try again (code=30)" when trying to log in to the Spotify app on iOS, here are a few steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Log out of the Spotify app and log back in.

2. Check that your internet connection is stable and that there are no issues with your network.

3. Check for updates to the Spotify app. Go to the App Store and see if there is an update available.

4. Clear the Spotify cache and data on your device. You can do this by going to the Settings app, then to General, then to iPhone/iPad Storage, and find Spotify and tap on "Delete App" and install it again.

5. Try logging in to Spotify on a different device or network to see if the issue is specific to your device or network.

6. If the issue persists, contact Spotify customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on the user's account and device information.

It's important to note that Error code 30 can be caused by a variety of factors, and the steps above may or may not resolve the issue, but they're good starting point. If none of these steps work, contacting Spotify customer support for additional help is the best option. They will be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on the user's account and device information.

Suggested posts