Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change from Premium to Basic via GBP

Hey folks!

Some of you may not be able to switch to any of the Basic plans using Google Play Billing (GPB). This is now being looked into.

As a workaround you can try selecting a different payment method.

Under investigation.
For anyone experiencing this issue, let us know which Basic plan you were trying to get.

Many thanks; we'll keep you posted!

Comments
ashc92

In Spotify app I have option to change plan to Basic Duo for 14.99. Duo without audio books. When I click it I get a white screen while the next page loads, and the Basic Duo plan is replaced Spotify Free (cancel plan). Does Basic Duo even exist? Is this a bug?
I've cancelled my premium duo with Google play in the hopes I could resubscribe to the basic duo instead but I think I have to wait for the sub to end as it still says I have to manage it through Google Play which results in the above described scenario.

AndyUK

My Question or Issue

Hi

In the app under subscriptions there is basic family and premium family choices but when I follow the link only premium family is available. In only need basic, how do I switch to that?

I'm on an android pixel 6 phone

Maxim

Hey @AndyUK,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not aware of such plan, could you please post a screenshot of it? 🙂

AndyUK

1000014387.png

Maxim

Hey @AndyUK,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Can you please try upgrading to that plan through this page? 🙂

If the issue persists, please give it a try on another device.

Let me know how it goes!

AndyUK

I followed that link and the only plan on the page is Premium Family at 19.99

Maxim

Hey @AndyUK,

Thanks for letting me know.

Can you please try it on another device as well? It's recommended to do it in an incognito window.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

hhughes0311

hi guys. 

recently Spotify updated the price of family plan to £19.99 to include audio books but also introduced a new plan of family basic which is £17.99

if I try and change my plan to family basic, first it takes me to the Spotify web app, then tells me I have to use the Spotify mobile app. if I click on family basic plan through the app, it just opens the web player and then says I can only change the plan through the app. I'm going in circles here. have been using different phones to try, tried uninstalling, tried using my pc but no luck. please help!

Andy_G87

I had the same issue. Don't cancel your current plan if they advise you to. Once you cancel you won't see the Basic plans again and Spotify support claim it's a one-time courtesy offer. Keep on to support if you've unable to switch plans.

I spent nearly 3 hours on web chat with them last night and haven't achieved anything but I wish you the best of luck

Maxim

Hey @Andy_G87,

The basic plans are only available to eligible users who have an active Premium subscription, so it wouldn't make any sense to suggest cancellation of the current plan since that could make them ineligible 🙂 Just so you know.

If you're experiencing a similar issue changing to a basic plan, feel free to create your own thread in the appropriate help board.