Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Spotify premium with AT&T

Free Spotify premium with AT&T

Has anyone had issues with redeeming the free Spotify premium thru AT&T? If you have an unlimited plus/more plan you can get Spotify premium for free.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country USA

IPhone 8 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

16 Replies

Hey @rcasey117, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

What's happening with your Spotify Premium with AT&T? I'd love to help 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am also having trouble linking att acct and spotify acct!

I am also having trouble with this although the issue seems to be on the AT&T side and due to the fact that I previously had a Premium Spotify account. My AT&T plan   will now pay for my Premium Spotify account but they can't figure out how to link it. I had to downgrade my Spotify account to Free and have been struggling to find someone that can set this up. 

I have spent hours with AT&T support and spoken to several agenst and none of them can figure out how to get this working. Does anyone know how to get this working??

Hey folks,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a great day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Already did, they couldn't help. Don't know why this is so difficult. Has anyone who had problems gotten it working? 

I think the problem is on AT&T's end and not Spotify's. I've talked to just about every person in AT&T support and they just keep on "escalating tickets" for me. According to AT&T, I had to change my Spotify from Premium to Free for them to link the accounts and they haven't been able to so I have had to deal with ads for two weeks. 

Seems like a promo AT&T did not test before rolling out but not surprised. 

Same with me. They keep saying they've escalated it but nothing gets done. Noboy on their chats or phone have a clue about this. It should be as simple as giving you a code in your AT&T account that you enter in Spotify. I've wasted so much time on this. Even canceled my account as instructed and had to deal with the free version. 

I was finally able to get this working today. I asked to speak with a supervisor last week and think he actually did something with getting my ticket "escalated". 

Today, they had me change my premium service to anything other than Spotify, log out, log back in and change it back to Spotfify then click the activation link. Once on the Spotify website, I enterred my username and password and it recognized my account was eligible for Premium based on my AT&T plan. 

You need to have AT&T on chat or on the phone for each step so they can reset your premium service since you're only allowed one change every 12 months. Hope this works for others. 

Hey guys !!! In order to link it you have to use a computer. I was using my smartphone but it didn't work. Or you can use your smartphone in desktop mode.

Go to my att then click on (my watch tv) pick a premium ( Spotify ) then open the link that connects to your Spotify account. 

I have also not been able to get my Spotify account working. I've talked to at least five AT&T support people, including two supervisors, over the last five weeks to no avail. They simply don't know how to fix the problem, but keep promising me that it'll work. They guarantee it.

I did not previously have a Spotify account and created one after they said it was ok to do so. I created the account using the same email address as the one I use for ATTWatchTV, but it came up as a free account. When trying to join premium, it gave no sign that this was supposed to be connected to AT&T, giving me only a free trial. I've left it alone, but I have no confidence left in AT&T support. I'll give them another week and contact them then, but I simply don't believe they know what they're doing.

That did not work for me. I've been trying to get mine working for five weeks now. AT&T support did a reset of my choices, but nothing happened. The accounts still are not linked and my account still shows as free. If I try to join premium, all it does is offer me a free trial.

Same issue. Seems like AT&T doesn’t know what special offers they have...no clue. I have called AT&T about 5 times to get the redemption email from them and still nothing. I think it’s a scam

Same problem here. They keep saying they'll help. They keep saying they'll escalate. No one has been able to help. 

old topic, but wanting to know if those with an existing Spotify Premium Family account will work with this AT&T promotion...thanks in advance.

BTW - if needed, I found this link for instructions:  https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1362774/

Let me know what you know about Spotify Premium Family.

thanks

Hey there @dscott4305,

Thanks for reaching out about this here and welcome to the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

Unfortunately, the AT&T offers are for Premium Individual only and can’t be used with any other Spotify subscription, such as Spotify Family or Spotify Students.

To find out more about this deal, we'd suggest you visit our support page here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts