Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free account but charged money

Solved!

Free account but charged money

I wanted to try and get premium today but didn't fully do it. i out my card info in and it took me to where i prove i'm a student for the student discount but it didn't approve me. so i signed out. later today i noticed it charged me the $5 as if my account went through as premium. but i am still a free account and now i was charged $5.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bethanysm1th

No worries!

No matter if student verification was successful or failed, a temporary charge goes through. These are only temporary charges on your credit card and they should disappear in a few days. The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

If you're having trouble signing up for the student discount, you can submit for manual verification (as a head's up, this can take up to 12 hours to process). For more info, check out Spotify Support and SheerID Support. If your school is not listed, you can submit this feedback form to SheerID.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @bethanysm1th

No worries!

No matter if student verification was successful or failed, a temporary charge goes through. These are only temporary charges on your credit card and they should disappear in a few days. The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

If you're having trouble signing up for the student discount, you can submit for manual verification (as a head's up, this can take up to 12 hours to process). For more info, check out Spotify Support and SheerID Support. If your school is not listed, you can submit this feedback form to SheerID.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts