Solved!

Geographical Limitations

Plan

Premium

Country

US, but living in South Africa

My Question or Issue

Good Day

I have been a Spotify sunscriber for a number of years. I was living in the US at the time I joined and I have a US based account for payments. 

I have since moved to South Africa.

My question is as follows:

Does Spotify limit the content displayed to you and available to you based on your geographical location or based on the billing address supplied for payments?

The reason for the question is that I would like to possibly change my billing address and payment method to a local South African address and bank account, however I do not want to lose access to the musical content I currently have in my library if doing so will somewhow affect my library.

I am aware that some content is geographicaly locked due to licensing issues, however whether the geographical lock is implemented using actualy physical position, or whether it is based on the physical billing address is not clear to me, and as such I would be grateful for clarification on this issue..

I am aware that this question my have been asked before, but I cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for.

I appologoize if I missed something.

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @XavierBez,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Content varies between countries due to the legal claims of artists and record labels around the world.

Your account content is aligned with the country and payment method you initialy provided.

Hope this helps 😃

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @XavierBez,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Content varies between countries due to the legal claims of artists and record labels around the world.

Your account content is aligned with the country and payment method you initialy provided.

Hope this helps 😃

Thanks very much for the reply, it cleared up a lot!

Kind regards

Hey @XavierBez,

Glad i could help !

Enjoy Spotify 😃

Suggested posts