Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Getting ads despite being a premium subscriber

Getting ads despite being a premium subscriber

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Is there a setting to stop getting ads? I am a premium subscribers but every now and then I get a pop up messages for concerts (now for the UK election) and other advert.

In my car, this covers all the screen and because it was not programmed correctly I cannot close the pop up as it is troncated and I must close the app. Not that smart..

I am paying not to have any advert so why do I get them?

To be clear I don't get the ads voice as a free member. The ads are pop up messages and they are really annoying. It is bad enough when it is about artists releasing new albums or concerts but today I got one for the UK election!!

As said, it is annoying but I cannot accept paying a premium and have to kill the app while driving to be able to continue using it.

Also how do I contact Spotify directly. I could only post my issue using the community.  I am paying for a service and would appreciate to deal with Spotify directly.

Thank you

3 Replies

Hello! All good? Welcome to the Spotify Community, it will be a pleasure to help you.

I believe you are referring to "Push Notifications", and you can disable them in your Spotify app at:

Settings > Notifications

And then you can disable these notifications in your application and also in email.

If it didn't work, just continue sending your answers here.

Cheers,
ribezaz 🎶

ribezazRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Ribezaz for your response.

Unfortunately, I checked the notifications settings and they are all off.

What's next?  Thanks

How do I get in touch with Spotify. They seem to hide themselves behind volunteers... 

Spotify Notification 2.jpg
Spotify Notification 1.jpg

Hello! Sorry for the delay in responding. I saw some articles here and found it! To choose to no longer receive pop-up recommendations, it's simple to disable the feature, just follow these steps:

Step 1: When the pop-up recommendation appears on the screen, tap the "What's This" button.

ribezaz_0-1718323675270.jpeg

Step 2: On the next screen, you just need to choose between not receiving new recommendations from that specific artist or completely stopping receiving the pop-ups permanently.

ribezaz_2-1718323705678.jpeg

Once you choose to stop receiving pop-up updates, there is no way to reverse this action, so think carefully before doing this, ok? 🙂

Cheers,
ribezaz 🎶

ribezazRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts