Gift Card Won't Redeem

Gift Card Won't Redeem

RPB3
Casual Listener

I received a $60 Spotify gift card through Discover cash back.  My friend who has a personal Spotify premium subscription is not able to get the card to work.  He has tried his account zip code, my account zip code, and my Discover credit card zip code and none of them work.  All of them say "Something went wrong."

What do I need to do in order for my friend to redeem the gift card I have given him?

5 Replies

Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hi @RPB3

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To redeem a Spotify gift card:

1. Log in to spotify.com/redeem
  2. Enter the PIN on the back of the card, or the code from your receipt.
  3. Click Redeem.

Keep in mind that:

• Gift cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium Family, Premium Students, or trial offers.
  • Spotify gift cards can only be redeemed on Spotify accounts registered in the same country where they were purchased.
  • Other Terms and Conditions may apply.

If your friend is eligible but can't redeem the gift card, make sure to follow all the relevant steps provided in this support article

I hope it helps! 

Emilia_8Rock Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

RPB3
Casual Listener

The other steps state:

• Check that the country registered to your account is the same as where the gift card was purchased.
    Tip: Check out our guide to changing your country settings.
  • Make sure you enter the code correctly. For example: try 0 (zero) instead of O, and I instead of l (lower case L). If your code has been damaged and you can no longer read it, contact us and we can help.
  • If you bought your gift card from a store, it might not have been activated when purchased. Please return to the store and ask them to activate it.
  • Check the code hasn’t already been redeemed. You can check this on your account page. You can also check to see if you have any other accounts you might have applied it to.
  • Codes are not redeemable for Premium for Family or in conjunction with other discounts and promotions.

He is a US citizen, registered in the US, and Discover card was redeemed in the US.

The code values being different isn't an issue as it's a direct copy/paste from the PDF certificate.

Didn't buy it from a store.

Code hasn't been redeemed as it's not showing on an account.

He has an individual premium account with no discount or promotion.

Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hi @RPB3

Thanks for your response!

In this case, I'd recommend reaching to Customer Support. 

You can find the link in the article I linked before. The contact form is provided in the second step. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Emilia_8Rock Star 10

RPB3
Casual Listener

The "Contact Us" form takes me to a maze of options. Once selecting gift cards, it takes me to the linked article, which has a "Contact Us" option, which takes me back to the same spot in a never ending loop. Very frustrating.

Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hello @RPB3

Please, try these steps:

• Go to the contact form, 
  • Select Subscription
  • Choose Other
  • Click I STILL NEED HELP (you can find it at the bottom, it's a blue button), 
  • Provide all info needed and describe your issue, 
  • Click SEND QUESTION

There you can chat live to one of Spotify's customer support advisors. If the chat advisors are busy helping other customers, they'll email you back as soon as they can.

Feel free to ask anything! 

Emilia_8Rock Star 10
SUGGESTED POSTS