Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help!!! “Unable to play [song name] -please upgrade your Spotify Acct....

Help!!! “Unable to play [song name] -please upgrade your Spotify Acct....

....  please upgrade your account with Spotify to become a full subscriber”

i started getting this error a couple of days ago. It cuts off my song after playing for several seconds! I am a full subscriber on the family plan. I deleted the app and reinstalled twice. This doesn’t fix the problem. Please help

Plan

Premium/Family

Country

Device

(iPhone 8

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

F108D6F8-F398-4F09-80B1-AD2285B7A3A9.png
3 Replies

Hi there @Dlccreates,

thanks for reaching out !

Could you please log in to your account overview page on Spotify.com and let me know of your current subscription status ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Hi @Dlccreates,

That's not cool, let's see how we can help! 

We'd strongly advice you to do a clean reinstall as it's different than just reinstalling. You can also restart the app.

Does this happen across multiple devices of yours? Or only on the iPhone? 

Can you also let us know your Spotify version?

Thanks in advance! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello - this was happening to me as well when trying to play Spotify on Sonos. Took me a while to figure out that someone else (unknown to me) has been using my Spotify account. So when that person and I both would be using my Spotify account at the same time, I would get that error message in Sonos and it would stop playing. I immediately signed out of all devices and changed my password in Spotify. Then removed and readded my Spotify account to Sonos and so far it’s working. I’m not sure how someone else got access to my Spotify account though, so watching things closely to see if it happens again.

Suggested posts