Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Spotify Premium prepaid for one month require a Paysafe Card, but one year does not?

Solved!

Why does Spotify Premium prepaid for one month require a Paysafe Card, but one year does not?

(Sorry if my formatting or attitude is unusual, I'm not a frequent user here)

I'm trying to get Spotify Premium prepaid for one month, as the gift card I'm using doesn't allow for monthly billing. When I go for the one month option it asks for a Paysafe card (which I don't have), but the yearly prepaid allows me to input my card. I've looked around the subscriptions page for a month of prepaid with a bog standard prepaid giftcard to no avail.

https://www.spotify.com/us/purchase/products/?country=US is the link I'm using to check the options.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @dank_london,

After a few checks I think I have found out what seems to be happening here, right now to pre-pay your subscription you require a PaySafe Card and no other payment methods are currently supported for this subscription type. There is a few variations regarding subscriptions and how they are billed after the pre-paid time which restricts some methods of payments as you are finding.

In this case, to pre-pay for a month using a normal debit/credit card I'd recommend taking a look at Spotify Gift Cards that are available through PayPal or in physical retail stores in some locations that can then be added on to your account! 🙂

I hope that clears things up but if there is anything else let me know, I will make sure that your feedback gets back across to the right folks in the meantime! 

Best,

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @dank_london - Welcome to the Community!

It should show you a lot more options than that, is it possible you could take a screenshot making sure there is no sensitive information in it and I'll see what's happening here.

Best,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, here is a screenshot of all of my options, the one-time payment for one month as stated in my original post only lets me use a Paysafe Card screenshot where as a year of prepaid allows me to use my card.

Ace, no worries at all. Totally understand everyone is really busy right now and got a lot on 🙂@dank_london 

Could you try using an incognito window and using this link instead: Spotify.com/Premium and let me know how that goes and whether it presents you with the card option. 

/es

Nope, still none. Even changing web browsers (from Firefox to Chrome if that means anything) still doesn't show that option.

Okay! 

Could you let me know how you currently pay for your Premium Subscription if you have one.

Could you try erasing your Cookies/Cache and Have you tried another device.

Just to double check, are you based in the US as I guess from the link you shared 🙂

I'll be right here! 

Well, I don't have a subscription, haha. In the past I used Spotify specific gift cards to get Premium, though. I am indeed based in the USA.

Trying from another device has yielded the same result of Paysafe Card only for one month but allowing my card for a year.

Haha, I'm UK based so the username really fits! 

Could you try this, head to your account overview here. Click update Payment Method and then see if it allows your card, it may cause a temporary pending charge on your card, don't worry it drops off and return to your balance within 5-7 business days. Then head back to Spotify.com/Premium and try it again? 🙂

It will look a little something like this: 

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 22.59.32.png

I'll be here as you know! 😄

I don't see the option there, and I looked in every menu and CTRL+F'd in attempt to find it.

No worries, thanks for trying!

I'm going to escalate this now with Spotify Staff to see if I can find out what might be going on here, as soon as I hear an update about what we can try next we'll try to get this fixed!

I'll be back as soon as I can 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey there @dank_london,

After a few checks I think I have found out what seems to be happening here, right now to pre-pay your subscription you require a PaySafe Card and no other payment methods are currently supported for this subscription type. There is a few variations regarding subscriptions and how they are billed after the pre-paid time which restricts some methods of payments as you are finding.

In this case, to pre-pay for a month using a normal debit/credit card I'd recommend taking a look at Spotify Gift Cards that are available through PayPal or in physical retail stores in some locations that can then be added on to your account! 🙂

I hope that clears things up but if there is anything else let me know, I will make sure that your feedback gets back across to the right folks in the meantime! 

Best,

Suggested posts