Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I pay for someone's Spotify Premium membership, who lives in another country?

Solved!

How can I pay for someone's Spotify Premium membership, who lives in another country?

Plan: Premium

Devices: iPhones

My Question or Issue:

I am American, live in the US, and have been a Spotify premium member since pretty much Spotify started. My GF now lives in Moscow for the time being. Since she no longer lives "under one roof" with me, as she did before, I cannot simply upgrade my Premium subscription to include her. According to posts on this forum, the system would recognize that she is in Russia, which is obviously not in my house in the US, so it would be a violation of the membership rules, and I can only imagine it would kick her off.

However... I also can't upgrade the a Family membership, because that one also stipulates everyone must live under one roof. I sincerely wish Spotify would reconsider their membership tiers to include some option to allow for family and loved ones who might normally live with you, but are away for an extended amount of time.

However, my question is this...

Even if I wanted to pay for a brand new, second Spotify premium membership for her... in Russia... it is my understanding that the person using the service must live in the country in which the membership fees are paid. So... if I pay for her subscription in the US, with my US debit card each month, but she is in Russia... won't it flag her as being in the wrong country?

Also... I can only imagine that a Spotify membership costs less in Russia than in the US. How can I pay for her Russian Spotify Premium membership, in Russia, paying the Russian fees... but... just do it from the US. 

I feel like Spotify goes a long way to make things really difficult for people who are trying to do the right thing, and not try to scam the system or whatever. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MichaelPerkins ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

In this case, the easiest way for you to pay for her Spotify Premium is to simply send her the money needed to pay for it. I'm unsure as to which payment methods are currently available but she should be able to find at least one that works for her.

https://support.spotify.com/article/payment-methods/

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @MichaelPerkins ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

In this case, the easiest way for you to pay for her Spotify Premium is to simply send her the money needed to pay for it. I'm unsure as to which payment methods are currently available but she should be able to find at least one that works for her.

https://support.spotify.com/article/payment-methods/

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts