Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I give Premium as a gift to someone else?

How do I give Premium as a gift to someone else?

I'm looking to purchase Premium for someone else. How do I do this? Is there a way to pre-purchase it so they can start using it after Christmas?  I want to give it as a gift.

9 Replies

Hey @Dye!

Thank you so much for posting your question to the Community! I'd love to help you here!

You can find out more information about Gift Cards for Spotify Premium here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-gift-cards/

Cheers,

Tim

Thank you for your response.  I considered doing a gift card, however... I'd like to sign up for the current Premium offer to take advantage of the 3 months at .99 and 9.99 each month thereafter. It looks like I can't do that with a gift card?  What is the best way to achieve this? Here is my situation. My daughter currently has an account and uses free Spotify, I'd like to be able to sign her up for Premium without her knowing (as a gift for Christmas), it would be on her iPhone. Do I need to make a new account, and if so will this mean she will have to delete her current account? 

Hey @Dye,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Unfortunately, you can't 'gift' promotions, as the promotions rely on certain criteria. A possible solution: you could 'borrow' her account and claim the promotion @ https://www.spotify.com/premium under her account (provided she has never upgraded to Premium before). 

Cheers,

Tim

This is abolutely no help at all.  You might have more subscribers if you have an easy way to give as gift.  Music lovers love to share.

Jade

Hey @JadeRiver,

Help's arrived. Right now the only way to gift Spotify Premium to someone is to buy them a Spotify Gift Card. You can get these in some retailers, and depending on your country, they may also be available through Amazon.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything else; I'm always here for you.

Here it is 2021 and we still have to go elsewhere to give Spotify as a gift to someone. 

The idea of gift subscriptions is so blindingly obvious that there must be some odd explanation for why it can't be done through Spotify itself. It's like they prefer to give money to Amazon. 

Not only that but once you buy the gift card you have to wait for the actual card to arrive before you can activate the account.

Hey @louvest,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with this and appreciate your feedback about the gift subscriptions. We always strive to improve, so you can be sure that your voice will be heard.

We recommend that you also have a look at the electronic and retail stores in your area - the leading chains should have Spotify gift cards available for purchase. 

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Seriously? Spotify would prefer I bought a gift subscription from Amazon
instead of from Spotify itself? Why?

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Keep in mind that you can buy Spotify gift cards for a regular Premium subscription from many leading electronic and retail stores. We'd recommend checking the leading chains. 

You can also find more info about redeeming gift cards here

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts