Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to pay by PayPal ?

Solved!

How to pay by PayPal ?

I have PayPal account, required balance, but when i select PayPal payment method for Spotify subscription, i have to input my credit card data. If i'd like to pay by credit card i would not select PayPal. Is this some BUG or something ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Keep in mind that it's necessary to add your card info to PayPal if you'd like to use this method for your Spotify subscription. 

You'll also find more info and useful tips about PayPal here

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @marioosh,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'd recommend making sure that you're following these steps to subscribe to Premium. Please try the steps in an incognito/private browser window.

If that doesn't help, please make sure that there is a card or bank account connected to the PayPal account. You can always reach out to PayPal's Support Team for help with your PayPal account.

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also have that problem. However I do NOT wanna pay via Credit/Debit card, I want to pay directly from my Paypal account, via digital way (even if for that I must link Paypal to Spotify), if that's not possible then I guess it's bye bye Premium.

Hey @Nitros,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're sorry to hear that you experience this. We're happy to help.

Can you try in a incognito/private window?

If that doesn't help, can you try from another device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

<snip - Moderator Edit>

It still won't work. It forces me to put a credit or debit card, and I DON'T want that. I want to pay through PayPal directly, and not through Credit or Debit.

Hey again @Nitros,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It looks like you're being redirected to the PayPal site and you're being requested to submit your card info there (not in Spotify). You need to register a card in your PayPal account so it can be used to pay for your Spotify subscription. 

We recommend checking this article to make sure everything is ok with your PayPal account.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

"It looks like you're being redirected to the PayPal site and you're being requested to submit your card info there (not in Spotify). You need to register a card in your PayPal account so it can be used to pay for your Spotify subscription."

But that's EXACTLY what I DON'T wanna do. Because I wanna pay with my Paypal direct account and NOT with some credit or debit card.

Sorry I can't go to Premium that way.

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Keep in mind that it's necessary to add your card info to PayPal if you'd like to use this method for your Spotify subscription. 

You'll also find more info and useful tips about PayPal here

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Duh? How else does PayPal work? It doesn’t even open the redirect window! 

Ok I found the solution! No special characters in the address bar! Meaning no: -, ., #, etc! 
happy listening ! 💖💖💖 if this solved your issue, check out my latest single down there by shell x 💖💖💖

Suggested posts