Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu. It's in my plan, why can't I activate it?

Hulu. It's in my plan, why can't I activate it?

Plan: Spotify Premium with Hulu

Platform: PC and Android

I have spotify premium with hulu but I never did anything but use spotify.  Now I want to activate hulu.  I tried all the instructional posts I could try, but it always ends with Hulu trying to charge me.  What am I doing wrong?

13 Replies

Hey @Muddro, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Do you see an option to add Hulu to your Spotify account through the Your Services page? If you do, can you use the link through that page to activate Hulu? If you get a message about getting charged through Hulu or get any other message, send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community). 

If you don't see the option to add Hulu through the Your Services page, could you let me know the status of your account here, and let me know if you have changed your payment method for Spotify or recently changed plans. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

In "Your Services," I see:

Spotify - Start Listening

Hulu - Start Watching (also: Deactivate Hulu)

Maybe it's active, but I don't know how to actually use it?  When I follow the Start Watching link it just takes me to the Hulu front page.

Hey @Muddro,

Thanks for the details.

Using a different browser, are you able to activate Hulu following these steps:

1. Go to your account page and under Account overview select Activate Hulu
  2. Complete the required fields to activate your Hulu account
  3. After activating the bundle, you will be billed for both Hulu and Spotify every month through your current Spotify billing method.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

no option to "Activate Hulu."

Hey @Muddro,

Alright. 

Could you let me know the status of your account here, and let me know if you have changed your payment method for Spotify or recently changed plans. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

We have the exact same problem, except that our Hulu worked fine last year. Now it's been several months, the accounts ARE linked, I have the "start watching" button on the Available Services but it simply takes us to a log in screen, and our spotify credentials do not work. How can we access Hulu?

And is this community really the only support spotify can come up with?

I am having the exact same problem.

My hulu account is linked to my spotify, but after I updated my payment information, I no longer have access to Hulu. 

I have gone to account > Services > Activate Hulu, but everytime it takes me to a page asking me to pay.

Hey @skeene22@Muddro@cdb97

Thanks for your reports. 

Before we move forward, try activating Hulu using a different browser or an incognito (private) window to see if that makes a difference.

If that's doesn't help, then I'll need screenshots of what you see on Spotify's end and on Hulu's end in order to take a closer look into this. Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I don't know what you're looking for.  There's nothing on there I haven't already told you.  And yeah, I probably did change my payment method in the past two years.

Hey @Muddro,

Can you let me know if you already have an account with Hulu and let me know if you currently have a subscription with Hulu? If you do, make sure it's the ad-supported plan.

There are some steps for adding Hulu to your Spotify plan here > I have separate Hulu and Spotify accounts. How do I bundle them? section.

Let me know how this goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star

thank you rock star 22 - I log in, go to account services, there is Hulu with two buttons: 'start watching' and 'deactivate hulu' - and when I click on 'start watching' it takes me here: https://www.hulu.com/welcome?orig_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.spotify.com%2Fus%2Faccount%2Fyour-servi.... Which says in the address it's going to "spotify...account...your...services" but this is where it goes every time: https://www.hulu.com/welcome. This happens from firefox, chrome & edge, from both normal and private windows. Note, too, that we have used Hulu to watch an entire series on cable TV last spring, but we have not used it since. We have also never used a PC - the subscription was through Spotify but it was linked so that it worked on cable. My recollection is that we had a little bit of difficulty setting it up, back and forth with the pc and the tv, but it did work fine eventually. Got no Hulu now in either place.

Hey @cdb97,

Could you try performing the same steps and get it to work on a different device?

Billy-JSpotify Star

Same exact problem as @cbd97 and others. Have the "Spotify Premium with Hulu" plan. Which I understand is no longer offered but clearly I have the plan. But yet I am unable to access All Your Shows through Hulu. Like the others, it keeps taking me to the Hulu main login screen / new plan signup. I'm guessing Spotify/Hulu actually no longer supports this option even under the subscribed plan - so the question is, why do they not simply remove/change our plans to reflect the actual level of service we have? Does anyone from Spotify moderate these posts?

Annotation 2020-06-22 223951.pngAnnotation 2020-06-22 223951 2.pngAnnotation 2020-06-22 225739.png

Suggested posts