Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu and Spotify not connecting with premium

Hulu and Spotify not connecting with premium

My hulu and premium spotify account are not connecting for the college student subscription right now. Every time after logging in through hulu via spotify to set it up, it tells me they are having trouble accessing my accounts when it comes to the payment part. This has done this for 3 weeks now and im tired of it. And the hulu customers service phone wait is over 30 minutes... ridiculous!!

45 Replies

Mine is going onto a page and saying service unavailable. How do I connect to the Hulu if I went to the login and account in Spotify and it says page unavailable with the link to Hulu?

How did you contact Spotify? 

WHERE ARE YOU SPOTIFY THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE JUST FIX IT

It’s a super easy fix, I was able to get it solved in like 10 minutes with Spotify support via chat. It’s more than likely that your student account is not verified (like mine was). I checked my bank statement and saw that I had been charged the regular fee. They refunded me the 9.99 USD and just had me sign up through the student discount again. Hope this helps!

Use incognito in Chrome and do everything from there.

I've been having this problem and when I tried loggin in through an Incognito Window, it worked fine!!! Thanks 🙂

This same thing happened to me - one day I just wasn't able to log in to my Hulu account that I'd set up through Spotify months ago, and when I got my bill for the past month it had charged me full price. The weird part is I am 100% sure I verified my status as a student, because when I entered college a few years ago and tried to set up Spotify Student my school wasn't on their pre-approved list and I had to actually send in some official documents from my college proving I was enrolled. So I wouldn't be surprised if your account had also been confirmed, only to be dropped to full-price premium like mine was, since apparently that's a thing that can happen.

I tried it through incognito , still doesn't work. 

So ive gone through all the steps, purchased the spotify student package and under my account overview theres no hulu option anywhere

Still having this problem. Anybody find a workaround? I re-verified my student account, then waited 24 hours to set up Hulu like they suggested. Still not working.

I contacted Spotify through Twitter, they gave a couple of instructions that didn't work. ultimately, they cancelled my subscription completely and asked me to resubscribe with the student discount and it worked. try that.

I think I found the problem, it says in my payment options that the student + Hulu plan will activate in my next billing cycle. You might have to wait until the next month

I've set up my hulu Spotify premium and and everything and then I didn't pay once because I had to change cards and now Hulu won't even let me watch anything even though I've paid again. What do I do?

I did that and it still doesn't work for me.

I'm having the same issue and already tried the for me I fill out all the info but it doesn't let me create the account for Hulu? Any suggestions?

Just paid for the spotify premium+hulu with the student discount and when I go to activate hulu from Spotify, I’m able to type everything in and when I finish, I go to click “create account” but it doesn’t give me that option, as you can see, the button doesn’t even light up/change color. And considering I just paid for this, I’d really hope it works:) please help.

49B92DA4-8217-4A50-823A-DE50B0F89DC4.png

The same thing is happening to me !

Having the same issue!

horrible. WE'RE JUST GETTING TROLLED BY SPOTIFY AND HULU. IT WAS A CONSPIRACY ALL THIS TIME!!

unknown.png

Hey, 

So I got my Spotify premium with the student discount and when I renewed with Hulu student discount, it didn’t transfer over to my Spotify as well. It’s been a day and it hasn’t changed and I originally got the student discount in November so it’s only been four months. How do I get them both back without paying for a second time? 

Thanks! 

Suggested posts