Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I tried to update my new card details to my Premium subscription, but it does not seem to accept it. I don't know if I should wait until my current card officially expires, or accept that Spotify only accept Debit and/or Credit cards because my new card is neither.

I read up there is an alternative payment method by linking my PayPal account, but for some reason I cannot find that option. Is it not available to South African users?

3 Replies

Hey @2-2qnc_4xeszd, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

I checked the official Spotify website, and it doesn't seem like PayPal as a payment method on there.

If the card you're trying to use on your account is neither a credit/debit card, the only option is to get a Gift Card online at select retailers, or in stores.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i just contacted my bank. Apparently First National Bank (my bank) says that none of their cards work on Spotify anymore.

Even a google search states that many users who bank with FNB has issues recently linking their bank card to Spotify.

Did I miss something?

Hey @2-2qnc_4xeszd,

Thanks for the reply. If none of their cards work on Spotify, then you'd need to use another payment method. 

In your post title, you stated you can't link your PayPal account to Spotify. If you don't see PayPal as a payment method on your account, then it's not available in your country at the moment.

You can always manage payment details following these steps.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts