Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't pay for my premium plan with credit/debit card, forced to subscribe with mobile

I can't pay for my premium plan with credit/debit card, forced to subscribe with mobile

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Windows Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Everytime I try to subscribe to the family plan, it will ask me to choose to pay either via credit/debit card, or via mobile plan. I try to pick the credit debit but it always takes me to the mobile page

Towls_0-1605852904866.png

Towls_1-1605852976647.png

Towls_2-1605852983981.png

Not really sure how to fix this. Swtiched computer (To Mac OSX) but still doesn't work.

20 Replies

Hi just to update, my friend couldn't pay with card either. Is this a Malaysian issue?

Is there any updates to this at all? Even an indication that this is being worked on? I can see admins replying to other forums. Reason why I'm asking is because my family is waiting on me to subscribe and I'd really like premium for work.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

In the meantime you can try subscribing to one of the other payment methods available in your region.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response, hope to hear from you soon.

I have the same issue here in Croatia, I'm on premium family plan and today due to some bugs during the process i couldn't make payment and all other members of my family got kicked out.

I'm from Thailand which facing this problem as well.

Any updates? It's a bit weird that it takes this long to fix something that is actually preventing your customers to give you money

I’m also experiencing the same issue here. Is there any updates on this investigation?

I'm facing the same issue here in Indonesia 😞

Hi, I'm from Indonesia and I'm using Student Discount. and there's no button to use debit card or e-wallet application like Go-Pay or OVO. they only have mobile payment.

Hello, is there an update regarding this problem?

Looking forward to an update regarding this issue, I am currently facing this issue too for my student plan discount in Indonesia.

This issue has been posted since 20/11. It’s January now and this problem has NOT been fixed. I could not use the mobile payment as I do not use any of those mobile lines. 
It’s not like people don’t want to subscribe to your premium but you’re pushing the customers away 

For those in MY, you may try with the following URL:

https://www.spotify.com/my-en/purchase/offer/premium-family/?country=MY&carrier=0

For the other countries, I believe it may also work if you replace "MY" with your country code in the above URL.

Hope this helps.

@chuahjl THANK YOU , not sure if ur an admin but this worked great THANKS

Hey @chuahjl ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what worked for you!

Awesome it also worked for @Towls.

Did @chuahjl 's suggestion do the trick for everyone else as well?

Post a comment and let us know 🙂

Mario Moderator

Still same problem. When i register for my student plan, it prompt me to pay by phone bill. I need to pay it by my debit card.

How is this still under investigation.. 

Hey there @jarlbinks and @ariannalow,

Thanks for posting!

@chuahjl shared a workaround here - could you give it a go and let us know if that helps you as well?

If you're still having troubles finding the right plan, it would be very helpful if you could let us know some additional details to pass along to the teams looking into this:

• The exact steps you take when this happens
  • Does the same thing persist if you log in to your account in an incognito or private window in your browser?
  • Have you tried a different device or internet connection? 

Further, @ariannalow, to confirm, are you also trying to upgrade to Premium Student? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts