Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I got charged twice last month

I got charged twice last month

Hi,

I switched my payment method in March from credit card to PayPal. It seems that some kind of mistake happened on your side because I got charged on PayPal and credit card. The thing is that I cancelled my credit card last month and I just found out that I was double charged because my former credit card provider has sent me a demand for payment. I already talked to them and they told me that I must pay the remaining amount to them and clarify the refund regarding the double charge with you. What will be the next steps regarding this issue?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies

Hey there @propa_surf!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Can you start by taking a look at your Receipts page for Spotify? If you don't see any extra payments there, it means that you might be paying for 2 different accounts.

Take a look at this page under ''Do you have more than one Premium account?'' to see what you can do to locate your second account. 

We'd also recommend checking out our refund policy here.

Keep us posted on how it goes and let us know if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Elena.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I already did all of this but it does not explain how I can get my money refunded. And I also just got one Spotify account. Everything worked fine so far until I changed the payment method.

The receipts page states that I have paid with PayPal which I intented with my change of the payment method. But again, it seems that no one from Spotify cancelled the blocked amount on my credit card and therefore it got charged there as well.

Do I need to contac someone specific now or how do the next steps for the refund look like? Does Spotify need the demand for payment letter I received from my credit card provider? Or is a statement of transactions needed which could be a bit tricky because I cancelled the credit card last month as i already mentioned?

Already in touch with customer service. Thanks for the help ;).

Suggested posts