Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have premium but I don't. Account or app bug?

I have premium but I don't. Account or app bug?

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I had my old account deleted and a new one created immediately with the same email used with the old. I never reset the Spotify app. When I opened the app it naturally kicked me to the log in screen. When I logged in I knew I was gonna be on free until I can start paying on premium. I treated the app like I was on free until I realized despite being on Spotify free I am able to chose any song, have unlimited skips and no ads. At the bottom right of the app the premium button shows and when I log into my account page on a web browser it shows my account is on the free plan yet I am able to do everything one can do on a premium plan. I looked through the forums for this issue but it seems it's never been reported. I tried to include a video for better understanding but it seems it was to large.

5 Replies

Hi there @RobertIsLegend,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Please make sure to first use this help page to locate all accounts listed with your details.

Type in any email address or other credentials to make sure you do not have more than one account running.

On top of that, in order to know your real subscription status, you can always visit Spotify.com, log in and your subscription type will appear there.

Let me know what you find 🙂

I have followed what that help page said and reset the app. The problem is I'm on the free plan but can do everything a premium member can. I have checked with my account page and it says im on free.

Hi @RobertIsLegend,

thanks for the update !

I would suggest logging out from all devices and logging back in to see how the account reacts.

Under the same account overview, press "Sign out everywhere" and then log back in.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Did so and that doesn't have seem to fix the problem. I uninstalled the app and that hasn't help either.

Hey @RobertIsLegend,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you send us a screenshot of how the app appears immediately after logging in? If you're on the free version, there should be a fourth 'Premium' tab along the bottom.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts