Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm being charged and I'm only in High School so I shouldn't be charged in the 1st place

Solved!

I'm being charged and I'm only in High School so I shouldn't be charged in the 1st place

I filled out the school discount application not knowing it was for college students. I got to the point in the application where it asked for a college and since I'm not in college I closed out of the spotify page. I later was looking at my online bank statement and seen that I was charged for the discount. So I logged onto my Spotify app and it still says I'm on the Spotify free. Why am I being charged if I can't get the discount and did not verify I was in college?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DanielleJW and welcome to the community! 

A temporary charge goes through even if the student verification was successful or not. But it is only temporary charge on your credit card and they should disappear in a few days. 

The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

The whole upgrade should be done within few days.

Have a nice day 🙂 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @DanielleJW and welcome to the community! 

A temporary charge goes through even if the student verification was successful or not. But it is only temporary charge on your credit card and they should disappear in a few days. 

The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

The whole upgrade should be done within few days.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Suggested posts