Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I never even used the trial version! Spotify claims i used the free trial already

I never even used the trial version! Spotify claims i used the free trial already

I'm starting to get very frustrated with Spotify and how difficult it is to use this that If my trial ever finishes i might not even sign up.

I signed up using my email address: *snip* 
it worked i then proceeded to the Prime trial where i get unlimited music and Spotify incorrectly claims that I have signed up and used this trial before! This is outrageous because its a brand new email address that i signed up. I never even got to test your stupid song playlist and then you tell me i have used the trial already.  

Can someone please look into my account and see what is going on??? 

thanks 

32 Replies

so the email i used got rejected by spotify.. i guess i signed up incorrectly then?? because i could not sign up for the free trial

I use this other email adress also brand new never signed up on spotify it gave me another message saying 

It looks like you’ve taken a trial before, which means you aren’t eligible for this offer. But you can still get Spotify Premium.

Can someone tell me what this means?

Hey there @sunflower888,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It's possible that you've previously used your payment method to avail for the offer which would explain why you're seeing this error message. First, we'd suggest checking with your family or friends to make sure someone you know didn’t subscribe with your details. 

If that isn't the case, we'd recommend giving another try in an incognito or private window in your browser.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same problem here. I contacted support, and they told me to clear my cache and try in an incognito browser, but that didn't work. To my knowledge, I probably have had trial on this account before, but I don't care about trials. I just want to subscribe.

Hey @TheriusValor,

Thanks for posting here.

If you're trying to subscribe to a trial offer for new users, keep in mind that we do a check to confirm if you haven't used Premium before.

Most likely you have another account already. Our support team will be able to help you identify it by using your payment details.

If you just want to start using a new account, you'll be able to subscribe regularly by using this link.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Hi, there.

I've been wanting to subscribe to premium student, but I find no way of doing so without it telling me that I can't because I've had a trial before on this account. The link provided in your reply only brings me to the Premium Individual page, where it also only allows me to pay via CARRIER BILLING, which is what I don't want to do.

If I try to pay for any subscription with a credit card, it always tells me that I can't because I've had the trial before.

I'd make a new account, but I already have my student identification verified on THIS account.

Hey @TheriusValor,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

After clicking in the link @Ver shared above, you should see a button that says ''change plan''. After clicking on it, you should be able to see other subscription options, including Student. 

Let us know how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey, there.

After clicking on Change Plan, I see the plans for Mini, Individual, Duo and Family, and Student is separated, where I can click "Learn More" instead of "Get Started."

After clicking on Learn More and clicking on Get Premium on the Premium Student's page, it gives me two options: to pay via credit card which would give me a 1-month free trial, or to pay via my phone bill which doesn't have a free trial.

The problem with paying via credit card because of the free trial being there still persists.

Attached below are:

- Image of the premium plans listed

- Learn More page for Premium Student

- Payment Methods available after clicking on Get Premium for Premium Student

Hey @TheriusValor,

Thanks for the reply.

It would be great if you try reuploading the images, as they haven't been sent in your previous comment.

Also, make sure that your card supports recurring international payments, as if it doesn't, this may cause the error you're seeing. If the card does support such payments, we recommend waiting a couple of days before trying to presubscribe with the card again, as the system may have issued a temporary block if there are several failed attempts to pay.

Alternatively, you can try subscribing via carrier billing and then once the Premium plan is active you can change your payment method to your card.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Hi, here are the attached images. Hadn't noticed that they weren't attached.

learn more page premium student.png
payment method.png
plans.png

Hi @TheriusValor,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you confirm what country you're currently located in and if that's the country you're studying in?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, there.

I live in Malaysia, and it's the country I'm studying in.

Hi there @TheriusValor,

Thanks for your swift response.

Is this issue still persisting for you after waiting 24 hours? As @Alex mentioned above, it's also important to check if your card allows to process payments of this type, and for this you might want to talk to your bank as well. You also have the possibility to chose a different recurring payment method (via PayPal or your Telecom) to see if this will make any difference.

If you're sure everything is okay with your card as a payment method and have no other alternatives, then you might want to contact our Support team here, so they can take a closer look at your account details and provide personal help. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

Hi, there.

Yes, after waiting over 24 hours, the problem still persists when I try to pay with a card; however, I've just successfully subscribed via carrier billing and I've decided to continue with just carrier billing.

Thank you for all the responses 🙂 🙏

Although the error wasn't solved, I'm still happy to now be subscribed again to Spotify.

Hi, I’m having the same problem as well with getting the 3 months of premium for free. I already had 2 existing accounts before but I’ve made an entirely new one with a new email and new card info. I’ve followed all the steps all help has offered. There’s nothing else to do and it’s driving me crazy!! Please help me.

Hey @gian_1,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please note that the free trial is aimed at new users, so if you've already had a Premium subscription, you're not eligible for the trial. 

However, If your previous accounts were on free and you've never subscribed to Premium, try waiting at least 24 hours between attempts and reach out to our colleagues at Customer Support, if you're still having issues.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator

I have the same problem. I tried the free trial on another account and I deleted it and made a new one. I do not want the free month, I just want to subscribe to premium, but it gives me this error when I try: It looks like you’ve taken a trial before, which means you aren’t eligible for this offer. But you can still get Spotify Premium

I click the link and all the options have a free trial, when I try them I get the same error again. It's an endless loop. Is there anyway I can subscribe whilst avoiding the free trial thing?

Hey @Pavel24,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

When you have a new account, the system always offers a free trial first. But there's nothing to worry about, you can follow this link that overrides the trial offer to be able to subscribe to any of our plans.

We'd also recommend taking a look at this article so you can check if the payment method meets all the requirements.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Yeah I have also have been having this problem, I never had an account before this and never bought premium, nothing in my transactions either, I've been trying for over 6 months and check every now and then but still it says I've had a trial before. Could I get some help with it? I tried incognito and everything nothing happens though.

Hi there @hanisjusthim,

Thanks for the post.

It could be that your payment method was used by a family member for a Spotify subscription in the past. This could also be causing the issue.

It's best if you try another payment method if you want to try Spotify Premium out.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts