Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I reconfirmed my student status but my account page says my plan will switch to regular premium

Solved!

I reconfirmed my student status but my account page says my plan will switch to regular premium

Plan

Student premium

Country

Turkey

My Question or Issue

A few weeks ago I received an email saying I should reconfirm my student status to retain my discounted plan, at the time my student status was valid until next month. I did as advised an reconfirmed my status about a month earlier than the expiry date, however the student status expiry date information on my account page didn't update. 3 days ago the old validity expired and even though I've already reconfirmed my status, it says I'll be switching to regular premium on my next payment day, which is in less than 2 weeks. I tried to do the confirmation procedure again but I received a message saying "You've already redeemed this offer". How may I resolve this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved the issue, apparently I needed to click the link from the email I received from SheerID

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @yushach 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, sorry for this big delay. Do you still need help here or you've managed to reactivate the discount successfully on your own already?

As standard, the Student discount needs to be renewed every 12 months if you continue enrolled in a university/school. After confirming your student status you have to follow the instructions in the email from SheerID you've received. If everything goes according to plan your status should be updated to Student within a few days. 

For now, could you double-check on your account page, the current status of your subscription, and the price of your next contribution, please? 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I solved the issue, apparently I needed to click the link from the email I received from SheerID

Hey there,
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear this did the trick.

Since this helped solve the issue you were experiencing, we've marked your reply as solution so that other users with a similar issue can find it more easily.
Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day 🙂

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts