Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Last month my payment was 9.99, however after getting a new card and getting a failed payment attempt I had to change to a family account for 5$ more after updating my card information. Had I had the card already updated I believe I would still been charged 9.99. I find this as nothing more than a cash grab, I dont need a family account, I only use premium for myself. Can I switched back to my 9.99 rate?

2 Replies

Hey @Coffeecoffee,

Yes, you can switch back to a regular premium plan from a family, just cancel your family plan then purchase a regular premium plan. I’d recommend checking this Spotify Answer for tips on how to cancel. Then you can purchase your Premium by clicking here. 

Happy listening,

-J

Hey there @Coffeecoffee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

You can cancel or leave a Premium for Family plan anytime, just follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your subscription page
  2. Select CHANGE OR CANCEL.
  3. Here you can either choose to switch to another type of paid subscription such as standard Premium or Premium for Students, or return to the free Spotify service.

Note: If you’re the owner of the plan and cancel it, ALL the members of the plan will revert to Spotify's free service on the next scheduled billing date

On another note, if you can also check this support site article on how you can update your payment details. 

Hope this helps clarify things 🙂 Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts