Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Leaving family plan tidily

Solved!

Leaving family plan tidily

Hello. I'm currently the payer on the family account. I just paid this month's subscription.

Having split from my Wife, I now want to leave the family group and keep all my music, playlists etc. My ex is aware I'll be leaving the account and unsubscribing... however I don't know the details of how it will work.

I know that I have to cancel the Premium Family subscription, leave the family group, and then subscribe again on my own.

However; if I cancel the subscription now, will it immediately remove the premium, or will the Premium stay on until the next renewal date? 

Can someone please give me a clear step-by-step how to do this safely without p***ing anyone off? (All my kids have accounts there, too).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @stonelaughter, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd love to help. Since you're the owner of a Premium for Family plan - when you cancel your subscription - ALL of the members, including you on the plan will revert to Spotify Free on the next scheduled billing date. You and the members won't lose any playlists, saved music and podcasts - and everyone (including you) will still be on Premium until your next billing date.

If you're sure that you would like to leave/cancel the Premium for Family plan, I'd recommend checking under 'Cancel or Leave' section here for some steps.

I hope this helps! I'll be right here if you have any questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @stonelaughter, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd love to help. Since you're the owner of a Premium for Family plan - when you cancel your subscription - ALL of the members, including you on the plan will revert to Spotify Free on the next scheduled billing date. You and the members won't lose any playlists, saved music and podcasts - and everyone (including you) will still be on Premium until your next billing date.

If you're sure that you would like to leave/cancel the Premium for Family plan, I'd recommend checking under 'Cancel or Leave' section here for some steps.

I hope this helps! I'll be right here if you have any questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts