Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Maximum Spotify Premium accounts

Maximum Spotify Premium accounts

I have several devices in a private residence that all have their own premium account. Currently they're split over two credit cards, is there a limit to how many accounts can be registered to a single credit cards?

2 Replies

Probably not...

But if there is a limit, they probably won't tell you LOL

They have secret algorithms used to detect fraud. They're not going to reveal that information.

I'm sure Spotify recognizes that someone could easily choose to pay for a premium account for himself plus two or three kids (separate accounts, not family), especially if they are in college, whatever, and and then also agree to pay for his sister's account or something. That's five accounts right there, and they could all be paid with the same card and it would be legit.

My guess is that if you get beyond eight or ten accounts, either Spotify or your bank might consider it suspicious. But that doesn't mean you can't do it. Maybe you would have to go through an extra verification step or something.

You'll know it if transaction gets denied LOL And then you'll have to contact Spotify or your bank, or both.

You only have one credit card?

Hey @adamcornelius,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

The answer is that you cannot use the same payment method to pay for multiple accounts.

Note that if you're living in a household with multiple family members, you can always sign up to Premium Family.

You can find out more about the Family plan and its benefits here.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts