Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My 7-day free trial has expired and now I can't listen to music like I used to :/

Solved!

My 7-day free trial has expired and now I can't listen to music like I used to :/

I can't play the songs I want, only a "shuffle play" option is available and it says I have to upgrade to premium to switch the songs. Can I somehow return to what spotify was like before the free trial?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To me it sounds like your trial has ended and you are now on the free version.

In the free version, you can only listen with shuffle mode in the mobile app.

If you use the tablet or desktop app you will be able to play any song without shuffle mode. (there will be ads though)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

To me it sounds like your trial has ended and you are now on the free version.

In the free version, you can only listen with shuffle mode in the mobile app.

If you use the tablet or desktop app you will be able to play any song without shuffle mode. (there will be ads though)

MattSudaSpotify Star

This is annoying. I downloaded Spotify on my iPad and after my free trial it still let me listen to music. Since I've had a new phone (iPhone) I downloaded Spotify and chose the free trial. Now it has ended I can't listen to music unless it's shuffle play! But I don't want to! Let there be an option for free music!!

@SophiieH25 

Sorry about that.

Free users have to shuffle play in the mobile app. This limit does not exist for the iPad app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Have upgrade to premium before 30 trail expired but until now after expired  it's still ask me to upgrade while I have a premium monthly statement and still not enjoy the benefit of a premium member. Is this a scam from spotify?

Suggested posts