Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My Spotify premium code from Microsoft rewards won't work. Any tips?

Solved!

My Spotify premium code from Microsoft rewards won't work. Any tips?

I just got what I am pretty sure is the code from Microsoft rewards, I went to spotify's redemption page to enter it and.. invalid? I've looked at spotify's help pages and can't find anything helpful. Please help 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Eiva_Kramer,

Thanks for your post here in the Community and welcome!

Take into account that this offer is only for users who haven't tried Spotify Premium before. If you haven't had Premium in the past, you should be able to redeem the code by following these steps: 

• Go to this link for the Microsoft offer and to this link for the Xbox One
  • Click START FREE TRIAL 
  • Enter the code received from Microsoft/Xbox Mastercard
  • Click again START FREE TRIAL to redeem your code 

On another note, you must enter a valid payment method to subscribe. No worries, you won't be charged, and you can cancel your subscription before the trial ends if you don't want to continue with Premium.

If you have trouble redeeming the offer, send over a screenshot of the offer you received from Microsoft and the error message you get. Make sure your code/pin isn't shown in the image.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I can also send picture "proof" if needed to help 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi there @Eiva_Kramer,

Thanks for your post here in the Community and welcome!

Take into account that this offer is only for users who haven't tried Spotify Premium before. If you haven't had Premium in the past, you should be able to redeem the code by following these steps: 

• Go to this link for the Microsoft offer and to this link for the Xbox One
  • Click START FREE TRIAL 
  • Enter the code received from Microsoft/Xbox Mastercard
  • Click again START FREE TRIAL to redeem your code 

On another note, you must enter a valid payment method to subscribe. No worries, you won't be charged, and you can cancel your subscription before the trial ends if you don't want to continue with Premium.

If you have trouble redeeming the offer, send over a screenshot of the offer you received from Microsoft and the error message you get. Make sure your code/pin isn't shown in the image.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator

Thank you Susan I thought I wouldn't need a card anymore I guess I was wrong.

I have redeemed this code from Microsoft rewards which grants me 3 months free for Spotify Premium, however whenever I try to redeem the code, it says that I am uneligible for the plan, but I have never tried premium before nor have I been included in an family plan. My order history is empty and has no previous subscriptions or payments for Spotify Premium. 

Why is it doing this? I got this code and expected it to work and experience premium, but instead all I got was disappointment and frustration. 

Please help me figure this out. 

The link does not work.pls help

Hey @Ykitzz,

Welcome to the thread!

Do you mean that this link here - https://www.spotify.com/ppt/microsoft/ doesn't work for you and are you seeing any error messages?

If you haven't tried already I recommend opening it in an incognito-window on your browser or in a different browser and even give it a try on another device if that's possible for you.

If it's not working let us know, as well as include some info on what's happening exactly and what you've tried so far, so we can see what we can suggest next.

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator

i am unable to redeem the code of gift card that i got from microsoft rewards

I’m not getting my code I have checked my spam and junk and still nothing. All I am getting is that my account has logged in on a new place. Please help.

I am trying to redeem a 3 month premium subscription plan which i have earned from Microsoft redeem awards but whenever I try redeeming it, Spotify tells me, "Sorry the code is invalid" but I am using it for the first time directly from Microsoft's email. pls help me to resolve this problem

when i try redeem my code it says it is invalid.Any solution for this?

I was going to redeem my free 3 months from Microsoft, and when I put in the card's number, it failed.

• I can't do it everytime it is showing this is unavailable plan for u or something

Suggested posts