Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My country FrenchPolynesia is not on the Spotify plateform !

My country FrenchPolynesia is not on the Spotify plateform !

Hi, I'd like to get on premium. So, I wanted to pay by Paypal. However, I received a message that the payment method and country don't match ! 

My country is "French Polynesia". Is it possible to ad on Spotify plateform, please 😉  Thank you for your help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

French Polynesia

Device

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

2018-10-17.png
3 Replies

Hello @Chanchan2!

Seems like your Spotify account's country is France. However, your PayPal country is French Polynesia. To purchase a Premium subscription your payment method's country must match your account's country settings. You can try changing your PayPal country settings to France.

Also note that Spotify is progressively launching all over the world so, if it's not in your country yet, it might be in a near future. You can find more info about this here.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,
Thank you @ Rock Star 6 for your help 😊
However, I'm surprised that the country you chose for your spotify profile
depends of the one you have on your paypal profile !
I use my paypal for other payments with any problems.
Yours,
Chanchan2

Hello!

Sorry for any confusion but, as Spotify is not in French Polynesia yet, your Spotify country settings says 'France'. Your PayPal country is French Polynesia so they don't match and that's why you can't make the payment.

Normally, I'd suggest to change your Spotify country. However, as Spotify is not in French Polynesia yet, you can't see your country in the list.

If you want to use Spotify Premium, you can change your PayPal country to France so it matches your Spotify country.

Hope this makes sense and let me know if you have any other questions!
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts