Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X and PC

Operating System

iOS 12.4 & Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I currently have a payment due for my spotify premium and I'm trying to use a visa gift card to pay for it but the spotify app is rejecting the card saying that the card itself doesn't allowing recurring payments such as subscriptions. It offers me the two options of switching to a prepaid plan and trying a different card. Trying a different card isn't an option I can choose because this gift card is the only thing I can use to pay for spotify. I was wondering how to switch to a prepaid plan but there's no option for it when I go to manage subscription, it only shows the family plan, student plan, and free plan. Is there some way I can use this gift card for premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @-5lx7entsu_aw,

If the card doesn't support monthly billing, then you won't be able to use it for Spotify Premium. In that case, I'd recommend purchasing a PayPal gift card (check it out herewith your card, and see if that works.

I hope this helps! Let me know what happens 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @-5lx7entsu_aw, thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try redeeming your Gift Card here?

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey Billy J, thank you for your response. Part of the problem I'm having is that my visa gift card isn't a spotify gift card, it's just a generic gift card and spotify isn't accepting it as a payment option.

Hey @-5lx7entsu_aw,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Could you let me know what happens when you enter your Gift Card details? Also, does your card support recurring subscriptions?

Keep me updated 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy J, 

When I input my gift card as a payment option it says, "This card doesn’t allow monthly billing. If your card has been charged, we’ll reverse the transaction. 

You can still get Premium - just change to a prepaid plan, or try another card." 
So I do not believe it supports monthly billing. Is there any way I can even use this gift card for my spotify subscription?

Marked as solution

Hey @-5lx7entsu_aw,

If the card doesn't support monthly billing, then you won't be able to use it for Spotify Premium. In that case, I'd recommend purchasing a PayPal gift card (check it out herewith your card, and see if that works.

I hope this helps! Let me know what happens 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy J,
I think this is what I'll have to do, thanks a bunch for your help.

Hey @-5lx7entsu_aw,

Sounds good!

You're very welcome - If need any more help in the future, just reply here and I'll be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts