Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy Prime

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm paying for premium service but certain features I've paid for aren't showing, specifically the ability to search for songs within my playlist. I've tried signing out and logging back in, in installing and reinstalling, restarting my phone, all of it. Nothing. I didn't have this problem yesterday and there weren't any updates so what gives?

8 Replies

Hey @Paravice, I'll be happy to help. 

Did this happen when you first startedPremium, or did this happen while you were on the Premium plan? 

Kee me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've had premium for the last couple years or so and this is the first time I've been unable to search my playlist. I noticed that other people had this problem with it from the last update as well on Google playstore.

Hi, there @Paravice.

Thanks for the reply! 

Could you let me know the status of your subscription and your by going to your account overview?

Also, I'd recommend checking out this guide to make sure your subscription isn't on another account.

Let me know how things go!

Billy-JSpotify Star

This problem occured for my premium subscription sometime in these last couple of days as well..

I noticed there was a popup message everytime I start the App: "You discovered a Premium feature! GET PREMIUM(as a green link)" (see attachment)

This feature I believe is my offline downloads of some of my playlists, which is no longer downloaded and says only "Waiting to download."

Also, while playing my Discover weekly list today, played 3-4 songs at the time before quitting the App. Every time I started the App, and it's supposed to continue from the last song played, it always started on the first song on this list. Did not remember which song or where I stopped my playback the last time playing...

Screenshot_20190611-152104_Spotify.jpg

I found the feature I was looking for. It was in the playlist menu towards the middle. It would've been nice had this been mentioned either on the website or within the app after the may 29 update (I held off updating it because my phone likes to be a **bleep** with updates, I have to uninstall and reinstall the whole app)

Hey @Paravice.

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if your issue was fixed and if you need more help. For now, you're able to filter/search, and there is some more info in this Spotify Answer.

@Shaqshack - 

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app following the steps in this Spotify Answer

If you're still having troubles, please add your +VOTE and info in this Ongoing Issue.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Paid but no premium

Hey @tassell,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

It's possible you logged in to a free account. This can be the reason why you can't see the Premium service. We suggest you check the details of the account you logged in with these steps:

1. Go to Home.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. At the top of settings, you can see your username and the email linked to your account (if any).

Also, you can check your email address (the one you remember you registered on the app) to see if you received a receipt of the purchase. In said receipt you can check for your username. Then, you can verify If it matches with the one you see in the app.

Note: Keep in mind there are a few ways to sign up, e.g. with email, phone number, Facebook, Apple, or Google. Try logging in with these, your Premium account may be linked to one of these options as well.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts