Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pausing Premium?

Pausing Premium?

I need to temporarily pause my Premium subscription...know if I can do this?
5 Replies

Hey @LACarey,

Unfortunately, you can't pause it. You could cancel your subscription and then re-subscribe when you are able to pay for Premium again: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/how-to-cancel-your-subscription/

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But will all my saved and downloaded music be there? I'm trying to decide
if it's going to be worth the overdraft fee I'll get from the bank or not!
Hahaha...

Hey @LACarey,

No, your downloaded music will be removed from your device(s) but all your other stuff (eg. playlists, saved music etc.) will not be deleted.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not cool! Well, thank you anyway!

Hey @LACarey, I hear you - I don't like losing my offline tracks either because it takes a lot of time to download them again. But there's a workaround you can try, if you know you're going to be re-subscribing within 30 days. 🙂 Let's give it a try.

You might be able to keep your songs if you enable Offline Mode before you cancel your Premium subscription, and then keep it enabled until you subscribe to Premium again.

How to enable Spotify Offline Mode on mobile:

1. Open the Spotify App
  2. Tap on Your Library in the bottom menu bar
  3. Tap on the Gear Icon in the upper right corner
  4. Flip the Offline Mode switch

It's worth a shot, especially if you have a lot of downloaded offline songs. Just keep in mind that you will have to go online at the 30 day mark in order for the app to verify you're still Premium. Try it out, and let us know how it goes once you're able to subscribe to Premium again. Keep on rockin'!

Suggested posts