Student Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Laptop computer, iphone

Operating System

Windows 10, Apple

My Question or Issue

I suddenly got a message that my payment failed, but I know that I have money in my account and the card is absolutely correct. I've re-entered the card half a dozen times, and still gotten nothing. The specific error I get is "Your Premium payment failed. Please make sure we’ve got your details right." Then, I get "Payment failed. Try again, or use a different payment method." when I try to enter my card info. It's the same card I was using before, and I didn't have a problem registering it earlier.

Things I have already tried include:
- re-entering the card

- using normal mode and incognito mode on each of the following browsers: firefox, chrome, and safari on my phone

- checking with my company to make sure my postal code and card information is correct

- checking with my company to make sure I have the funds (I have more than enough)

If anyone knows how to get this working, please let me know. The only thing I can think of is that the company requires that I put a space in my postal code, as in "A1A 1A1", but Spotify requires that there is NO space, as in "A1A1A1". I don't think this would cause a problem, but it's all I can think of. I have no other payment method.

1 Reply

Hey @Alexandria96

You might want to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form . They might be able to look into things a bit deeper. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to get a reply.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts