Premium

Country

US

Device

Note 9, Windows 10

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Opened Spotify to see that my monthly premium subscription payment has failed. Nothing has changed with the associated card, and I just made a purchase with it today, so I know the card is not the problem. Is there a problem with Spotify's payment system? 

I am currently on the regular premium subscription ($9.99/mo) if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Josh 

Spot.jpg
3 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

I suggest you to click on the option update your payment details, it's available on the same page as the screenshot you sent.

You can try to enter your current payment method there.

If that doesn't help, let me know! 🙂

Going through the steps to get premium I am brought to the page shown in the first screenshot. When I click "Get Premium" it takes me to the page shown in the second screenshot. It seems Spotify is trying to get me to sign up with the "Family subscription". I am not interested in paying an additional ~$5/mo for that. If I Click "Change Plan" it takes me to the page shown in the third screenshot. The only options are the Family subscription and the Yearly Subscription which the price of the whole year is due at once. Is spotify getting rid of the regular premium subscription with a $9.99 charge/mo? If so that would make sense why my payment has failed. I hope that's not the case, because if so I'll be letting my subscription expire and explore different streaming options.

Thanks!

Josh 

Spot1.JPG
Spot2.JPG
Spot3.JPG

Hi @jlharsman, just to make sure, you need to follow these steps to re-enter your payment information:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Select Subscription in the menu on the left.
  3. Under Payment details, click UPDATE. Make sure you enter your details correctly, particularly the 3-digit number sequence on the back of your card (the CVV/CVC security code). Also, check if you have the available funds. It’s also worth giving it a try in a private/incognito window in your web browser.

If you're still having issues, I recommend you to try:

Also, this support site article may provide you with more information about Payment troubleshooting.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Suggested posts