Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment method fails. Changing country

Solved!

Payment method fails. Changing country

Hi everyone

My account's country is Argentina and I am currently living in Australia for a year or so. Since I canceled my credit card in Argentina, the payment failed. I read the instructions to change it, but when I try to do so to my aussie credit card, an error occurs saying that the card doesnt match to my country and I have to change it from the account. The thing is I cant change the country on my account settings (i cant click it, its solid)!!!!

Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ezescigo,

I believe that the best thing to do right now is to just wait until your account returns to the Free plan.

Then, you'll be able to update your country setting by following this guide: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/.

After successfully updating your country setting, you'll be able to subscribe using your Australian payment method.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ezescigo,

I believe that the best thing to do right now is to just wait until your account returns to the Free plan.

Then, you'll be able to update your country setting by following this guide: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/.

After successfully updating your country setting, you'll be able to subscribe using your Australian payment method.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okey thanks for the reply!

Did you lose your playlists in the process?

Hi,
Same problem occured to me. I subscribed in France my premium plan 3 years ago. I moved and live now in Sri lanka. My credit card from france expired. I changed country, ok, filled credit card details from my srilankan card, ok, but payment failed...
I tried again after 2 days, same problem occured.
BTW, if needed to go back to free plan, I hope I will not have to download again all my playlists...
Thanks for help !

Hey @Araliya,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out to us!

In order for the payment to go through, 2 factor authentication is required so make sure you have it turned on. You can do that in your bank's mobile app. Your card must also be open for online and recurring transactions. You can check that by contacting your bank.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try in case your payment fails:

• Update your payment details with an incognito / private window.
  • Try with another browser. If you mainly use Google Chrome, try with Microsoft Edge instead.
  • Use another device. If you tried updating your payment details from your phone, try doing so on your PC.
  • Clear your browser's cookies and cache.
  • Try with another payment method if available.

If you're still having payment issues, we'd recommend getting in touch with your bank so they can have a look.

Hope this info was helpful. We're always here if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts