Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment method

Solved!

Payment method

Hi,

I want to upgrade my account to premium for students. I moved from UK to Spain recently and the account was set up in the UK.

I do not have a Spanish bank account and when I want to pay for my subscription with my UK bank account it says your postal code does not match the credit card.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mmdh1376,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In order to successfully start a Premium Student subscription, it's crucial that the country settings of 1) your Spotify account, 2) your payment method 3) and of your eligible institution (e.g. your university or college) coincide. For example, if you're in Spain and would like to start a Premium Student subscription, you'll have to make sure that your account’s country settings are "Spain", that you use a payment method issued in Spain and also that your college or university is in Spain. You'll find this info here.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @mmdh1376,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In order to successfully start a Premium Student subscription, it's crucial that the country settings of 1) your Spotify account, 2) your payment method 3) and of your eligible institution (e.g. your university or college) coincide. For example, if you're in Spain and would like to start a Premium Student subscription, you'll have to make sure that your account’s country settings are "Spain", that you use a payment method issued in Spain and also that your college or university is in Spain. You'll find this info here.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts