Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment problems

Payment problems

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

hello

i had a spotify account connected to my polish revolut card. Becouse of brexit verification issues my payments was suspended. Spotify asked me to update payment method, and since that moment i cant provide new payment method. I even changed the plan again to free to start doing everything from the begining and it also not work. 
i tried 3 polish banks cards, and also revolut and still nothing. 
i have zero idea what to do and where is the problem.

thanks for help!

7 Replies

Hey there @Mikolaj-j

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest you try updating the payment method in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing the error message you see? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply.

Hello, thank u for reply.

both incognito and no incognito acting same. I tried 3 different cards. Login to buy plan is made in Poland. Cards are polish. Cards are on my name and have money on it. 

"Something went wrong".

Would be nice if u can help 🙂 thx

<snip - Moderator Edit>

Im having the exact same problem, I moved from my country and now it says i need a card issued in my country of residence but even if I change the country it doesnt accept it, and i already checked with my bank 

Im trying to do all in my country of residence 🙂 My card, my name, my country, even same address of house when i do this.

Hey there @Mikolaj-j and @joseph21,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Have you tried in a different kind of browser as well? Let us know how it goes. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Check out this help page for more info on how to troubleshoot a credit card payment. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Thanks for answer

Yes, i tried different browsers, i tried different devices, in different locations of Warsaw. Nothing changed. 

I was using my family account while being in Indonesia for some time, but im from Poland, in Poland made payments, with Polish card (tried many) and now just want co connect my card again after revolut has problem with brexit and paused my card.
We can read articles and talk long here but this is serious technical issue so maybe somebody from Spotify can fix it?

Thank you for help guys

Hello @Mikolaj-j,

Sorry to hear, you're still experiencing difficulties signing up for Premium. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee that Revolut cards will be accepted, as the payment method must be issued in the country where the account is set up.

Furthermore, virtual cards are not supported and if you have any trouble with them, it's best to contact the issuer directly.

Hope this information is useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts