Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment

Payment

Hello there. I'm using the  Premium for students and despite the fact that i have two more months of free trial, you charged me one week ago the full premium fee. Why is that?

3 Replies

Hi there @Steve_paparidis,

thanks for posting !

If you have successfully activated your 3-months free trial, the system cannot charge you before the trial expires.

What might have happen is that you have accidentally created a second Spotify account and subscribed to Premium.

Please use this help article to locate all accounts listed with your details - this will help determine if you currently have more than one account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

No, i haven't another account to spotify cause i checked my mails and there is only one account. I don't know what to do and i'm very frustrated.

Hey @Steve_paparidis,

Just jumping in to add that, if you confirmed you only have one Spotify account and it's the one being charged the full Premium price before the trial expiration date, what might have happened is that you received a pre-authorization charge to confirm that your payment method is eligible for the Premium subscription monthly payments.

It'd be great if you'd reach out to your payment method provider and double-checked with them whether this is the case.

If these charges are not related to a pre-authorization test, you can get in touch with our folks in the Support team to find out about and block the source of these unexpected charges.

Take a look at the 'Write to us' section in this support site article to see how you can contact them.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts