Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo but still getting ads

Solved!

Premium Duo but still getting ads

Plan: Premium

Device: OneNote Plus + MSI GF65 10SDR-1250NL

Operating System: Android 11 + Windows 10 Home (tried the app + web player)

My Question or Issue

I share a Premium Duo account with my fiancee but I am still getting ads on both my phone and laptop. I followed all instructions from the FAQ (https://support.spotify.com/nl/article/premium-not-working/) but still nothing works. I am sure it is the right account as I can see my Premium Duo subscription. 

The ads I am getting are all Dutch so I am not confusing them with the in-podcast ads that creators may use (I don't listen to Dutch podcasts).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am not talking about in-podcast ads that are "hard wired" in (i.e. for other podcasts of the same network or sponsors). At the beginning of every ~ 5th podcast episode I get a full, third party, non-skippable ad for something entirely unrelated to the podcast (in my case Dutch health insurance). So you mean to say this is part of the Premium experience?

Edit: I also mentioned this in my first post "The ads I am getting are all Dutch so I am not confusing them with the in-podcast ads that creators may use (I don't listen to Dutch podcasts)."  

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Mardiemar,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'll be happy to share more information on the matter. Podcast hosts have the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast. The dynamic ads can be different for any user listening to the podcast and can be in a different language based on their account settings or current location.

If you want to find more information about ads, you can check this article.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @Mardiemar,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

To start investigating this, we'd like to know if you're getting these ads only when you're playing music, podcasts or both.

In the meantime, it's a good idea to access your Account Overview, check the status of your subscription and your login information. Then, log out of the app and log back again with the same information. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Thank you for replying, it had only happened on podcasts so far but I don't often listen to music.

I tried logging in and out again and I still got an ad.

Hey @Mardiemar,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We can confirm that this is an expected behavior. Podcasts may include ads that can be either host-read endorsements, sponsorships or audio adverts within the podcast track itself. 

You can check this thread for more information on the matter.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Marked as solution

I am not talking about in-podcast ads that are "hard wired" in (i.e. for other podcasts of the same network or sponsors). At the beginning of every ~ 5th podcast episode I get a full, third party, non-skippable ad for something entirely unrelated to the podcast (in my case Dutch health insurance). So you mean to say this is part of the Premium experience?

Edit: I also mentioned this in my first post "The ads I am getting are all Dutch so I am not confusing them with the in-podcast ads that creators may use (I don't listen to Dutch podcasts)."  

Marked as solution

Hey @Mardiemar,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'll be happy to share more information on the matter. Podcast hosts have the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast. The dynamic ads can be different for any user listening to the podcast and can be in a different language based on their account settings or current location.

If you want to find more information about ads, you can check this article.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

I have the same problem with duo, I don't receive ads but my partner does,so annoying for her especially as I'm paying for duo

So Spotify can serve premium users ads if the Podcaster says yes to being paid more money by Spotify? or is it because podcasts have sponsors that aren't Spotify's ad customers? sounds to me like Spotify has misunderstood why I pay for Spotify. I don't want ads from Spotify regardless of if Spotify has found a way to incentivize Podcasters to allow "dynamic" aka Non-Premium ads.

Same thing here, I'm paying to avoid ads, why Spotify allow ads in a premium subscription? Is the advertisement a lie when they say "if you don't like ads get a premium account"?

Suggested posts