Plan

Premium

Country

United statea

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android oreo 

My Question or Issue

My issue is that my card information was stolen through a skim device a week and a half ago. I just received my new card yesterday and activated it that night. This morning you canceled both of my accounts. Spotify premium as well as the free hulu I got through a promo that is no longer available. Obviously there was nothing I could really do due to I cant call and update my info 24/7 through customer care call. I'd like my account fixed with my free hulu linked as well. Thanks. 

6 Replies

Hey there @BB6934

thanks for posting !

When your payment method expired your plan was automatically canceled.

Since the Premium + Hulu offer isn't available anymore, you were signed up for the regular Premium.

Unfortunately you won't be able to claim the offer anymore as it is no londer available.

However, because it isn't you fault your account got stolen i do recommend reaching out to customer support and have them check everything out.

To do so, please reach out using this contact page and make sure to reply to any automated mail you receive.

Hope this clarifies things 🙂

Hey @BB6934.

Just to follow up on what @OneByBoo said, a few other users in the Community have also been experiencing this issue.

Make sure to head over to this thread, where we will provide any updates on this as soon as we have them.

Thanks!

You know what @spotify and @SpotifyCares I'd be willing to compromise. Since I now have to pay $5.99 for @hulu and o was paying $9.99 for both because I NEVER CANCELED MY ACCOUNT! I'd be willing to pay $4.00 for @spotify premium until I die. Thanks a bunch, that would be swell.

I also am having an issue with my spotify and hulu. I had to update my card information and was not prompted for the Premium Hulu bundle like I was before it didnt even notify me that my changing cards would cancel out my plans. I would also like to get my accounts returned to what I was already paying. I wish there was a way to speak with someone directly. 

I've been on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram with this issue.  The "Care" team will ask me to directly message them.  I repeat myself, they drag their feet and then come back with the same response of "Hey bro!  Your fault for staying loyal to us, now that promo we sucked you in with is gone because you don't need that.  We'll give you a month of Spotify Premium instead since you like us so much bro".  My chat with a customer service rep apparently got "escalated" to the right people who will get a hold of me asap.  That was a week ago.  Not I'm sure Peter will come along with the same canned response saying they'll "look" into it with the right team.  Mark this post as "Solved" like he has all the other posts with this problem and then lock it so no one else can respond with their issue of bait and switch on behalf of Spotify.

Screenshot_20190628-073151.png

Are you Spotify?  Are you really here to help?

Screenshot_20190628-082744.png

Suggested posts