Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium problems

Solved!

Premium problems

HI,

I have tried to sign up for premium from my iPhone, I have put in all cc info, etc.

Then I got a message stating that it was a  payment failure.

However, today I have checked my bank info and see that Spotify has charged my card 0.99 for this Premium deal but I cannot use it! I have logged out and logged in again on iPhone but still it says that I only have Spptify Free....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Marina30,

you have to contact the Spotify Team using this special form in order to resolve your problem. Please, detail the charges received on your card and they will investigate your case.

You can also use Facebook or Twitter to get in touch with them.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello @Marina30 and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Are you able to see the transaction at this page ?

If yes, please try reinstalling the Spotify App on your smartphone and log in again to check if you have a Premium subscription 🙂

Hello,

Was not sure if you have received my reply. So, sending another one...

So, all I can see is that on Jan 21st this year I have signed up for Sprotify Free....

I dont see any new transactions there.

Hello @Marina30,

please, can you follow this guide to  check if you have more than one account? Maybe you've activated your premium subscription on another account and you're logged in with another one.

Hello dear,

I am totally lost now.

So, this is what I have:

Spotify App on my Facebook account

Spotify App on my iPhone

Looks like they charged me for Spotify premium on my phone - I do log in into Spotify with Facebook account on the phone....

Now, I have tried to log out of Spotify on iPhone and log in wiht email address but id does not let me....

What do you think is the easiest solution? Should I cancel the account on Facebook?

I can just delete the app there, right?

Hello @Marina30,

don't worry! We will find a solution together.

So, from what I'm understanding, you can't access Spotify using your traditional email address?

Keep in mind that it's not enough to delete your app on your smartphone: you have to cancel the subscription which is linked to your account. If you have more than an account you can ask the Spotify Team to close one of your two accounts

But first, we have to find a way to log into your account with an active subscription. Please click here and enter your email address. 

If spotify recognizes the registered email address, it will send you a link to reset the password. After that, you can log in to the account and cancel the subscription.
Next, you can log in with your facebook account and repeat the subscription to the account you usually use.

Is everything clear? 🙂

You are very helpful! I am so glad that you are not giving up.

It does look like I dont have multiple accounts, because I have checked my ID number and it is the same on a smart phone and in FB.

So, I tried to do as you said:....I entered my email and tried to reset a password but it gives me the following message:

It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.        

So, what shold I do now?

Hello @Marina30, I never give up!

I'm glad we found out that you don't have more than one account, so the only one you have is linked to a Facebook profile 🙂

Could you tell me what are you seeing in this page? Is there any active subscription with an expiration date? 

HI, it only shows that I have a spotify free subscription...nothing about premium....

Marked as solution

Hello @Marina30,

you have to contact the Spotify Team using this special form in order to resolve your problem. Please, detail the charges received on your card and they will investigate your case.

You can also use Facebook or Twitter to get in touch with them.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts