Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows computer; Pixel 2XL; Sonos

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows, Sonos

My Question or Issue

My Premium individual account shows that I have spotify with the free Hulu. My account page shows both Spotify and Hulu as active.  But I can not get Hulu to work.  When I click "Start Watching" in Chrome Browser in Windows, it asks me to subscribe to Hulu for an additional $5.99 more per month?  Also even if I can get instructions for that to work, how can I watch Hulu through the app on my Roku?

Thanks!

12 Replies

Re: Premium with Hulu not working

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Will_T, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try resetting your Hulu password here

If that doesn't help, please make sure that you're logged in, and go straight to www.hulu.com.

Let me know how this goes :) 

Billy-JRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

DeskDroid
Casual Listener

Has this been addressed yet? I'm having the same issue. Premium Spotify, signed up for free Hulu (Ad Supported) and now am asked to subscribe to Hulu whenever I try to launch the App.

Will_T
Roadie

This is the exact issue I posted about.  Glad to see I am not the only one. 

Will_T
Roadie

Logged in to Hulu??  Not sure what you mean there?  I don't have a Hulu account.  I have a Spotify account with Hulu.  If I go to Hulu to try and set up an account, I can only do that if I subscribe to Hulu outside of Spotify.  I must be confused as to how this works?

Maybe you can post the exact step by step instructions for us to get this working.  There is nothing I can find in the Spotify help that specifically addresses this.  Rmember I have no Hulu subscription.  I have a Spotify subscription that supposedly includes Hulu.  Thanks.

DeskDroid
Casual Listener

Well, my account seems to have cleared up. I had to disconnet and reconnect my Hulu account and then I guess it took a few minutes te resolve itself. Hopefully it sticks.

I'm not sure how you're trying this if you don't have a Hulu account. You have to have one, but not subscribed. You're basically connecting a Hulu account with no subscription to Spotify. That should then give that Hulu account the Ad Supported access.

Hope this helps.

Will_T
Roadie
I see now. I thought that happened when I clicked though with the Hulu
link from my Spotify account. I will go directly to Hulu and sign up and
see if that works.

Will_T
Roadie

Well this still does not seem to be working or is so complicated I can not get it right.  I signed up for the free trial at Hulu, (ad supported).  It required a credit card and said I would be charged $5.99 per month after the first month.  I then went back to Spotify and successfully linked my account with my Hulu account.  But Hulu still says it will be charging me $5.99 per month???

Will_T
Roadie

Hulu would not let me sign up for an account without subscribing to the $5.99 per month plan so I did that and had the issue above.  So I went back to Hulu and canceled that plan.  So at that point I still had a Hulu account, just with no plan.  I then accessed Hulu from the Spotify website again and it goes to the Hulu site fine and I can see all the shows.  But if I click on any or them, I just get a blank white show page with the seasons listed but no episodes.  I can not watch anything.  This is really not easy to figure out!

Will_T
Roadie

Had to get help from a chat session with Spotify.  It took a while but things got fixed and now it seems to be working.

SUGGESTED POSTS