Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium yearly subscription

Solved!

Premium yearly subscription

How can I get a premium yearly subscription at a discounted price (as in 2017)?

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Since a lot of you are asking about the discounted annual subscription for 2019, we thought we would summarise all the info for your convenience.

Availability:

• US
  • Germany
    • Lekkerland - physical cards
    • PayPal -digital e-cards
    • EDEKA - physical cards
  • UK
    • PayPal - digital e-cards (available until 16 January 2019)
    • Costco - physical cards
  • Canada (including Quebec)
    • Shoppers Drug - physical cards

We'll update this post as soon as there are any changes or updates to this information.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

21 Replies

My understanding is that this was a 2017 only promotion and that you will need to convert to a monthly fee going forward.

As mentioned on another thread by someone, I don’t accept loyal subscribers get worst renewal conditions vs new customers.

I would easily renew under the same conditions, otherwise I’m checking other options.

Hey @bsantos9.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

There is indeed a discounted annual subscription available in certain countries during this period! These are: US, Canada, UK, Germany.

If you are in one of these four countries, let us know which one and we'll give you more information about where you can get the discounted annual subscription.

Hope that helps! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

"Unfortunately" I'm based in Portugal.

I just don't understand why there's no discount if you buy in advance an
yearly subscription....
Also, I'd completely renew for the price I paid last year (same conditions,
that's it), but I feel you are only trying to attract new customers and not
really retaining loyal customers.

Hey @bsantos9,

We understand you'd like to have that offer again but we are not introducing it outside these 4 markets this year.

No worries though, we try to launch offers whenever we can so keep an eye on the Spotify website 🙂 

Have a nice day!

I'm in the US. Where can I get the discounted Premium yearly subscription. I bought it last year and it just ended.

Ahh I already miss the discounted yearly subscription so much! I even went back to my e-mails, to when I got the yearly subscription, and it said there that after a year the subscription would go back to what it was (monthly). So sad! I hope some new discount comes up soon 🙂

Hey @catalanoleonard.

Thanks for your question.

In the US it's available in the following places:

Let us know how you get on! If you have any trouble, we'll be here to help.

Sorry for derailing the thread but I've looked around for any good yearly deal, but so far haven't found any. Was glad to get it in 2017..

Hey @Peter

Do you know if there's any place in Finland that has Spotify yearly subsription gift card or code or available?

Paypal-page (even the Finnish-language) has link on the offers for 12 months for the price of 10, but once I click it, it takes me to the UK-Paypal (which is even higher price due to currency change).

I’m in the UK and my yearly subscription is coming to an end. How can I get it again?

I am also in the U.K. and paid annually last year. My preferred plan. Now your community pages are sending out mixed signals, with one comment saying that I can pay by PayPal which I do not use. You have had no problem with collecting annually from my debit card and prior to that and again this week, monthly. As a loyal customer I was expecting better service.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to point you in the right direction.

@user-removed - There is no discounted yearly subscription in Finland this year (I imagine that if you try to pay for it through Paypal UK, you won't be able to). Instead, we suggest you head over here, where you will be able to buy an e-card for 12 months of Premium at your local rate.

@silviegb - You can buy the discounted annual subscription from PayPal UK as a digital e-card (offer ends 16 January 2019).

@paulatres-gb - No worries - buying the discounted annual subscription from PayPal doesn't mean you pay for it through PayPal. PayPal is merely the vendor of the e-card, which will be sent to you via email. Hope that clears things up!

Hope that helps! If any of you have any further questions regarding this, we'll be more than happy to answer them here.

I'm in the US and received an e-mail last year to take advantage of the yearly subscription for 2018.  I understand it is available for 2019 but I have not received an e-mail offering the discount.  How do I go about getting that discount?  From reading this thread you mention BJ's an Costco, neither of those are an option for me.

Thanks.

Thank you. That worked, u just need a Cosco or BJ membership to buy it. 

Hello Spotify,

Please could you let me know how to take advantage of the annual renewal offer? I can find no mention of it anyway except in this thread. I am UK based. Thanks.

Hope there will be yearly subscription options for Italy too in times to come. I also had the chance to enjoy that offer on 2017!

Hey @Ruffs1.

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

If you're in the UK, then just refer to my earlier post, where I link to the PayPal UK website, where you can redeem the offer.

Take care!

And in the US is there some other way to renew with the yearly discount other than at Costco or BJ’s?

Peter,

I am In Canada. Can you please supply the info for the Annual Subcription.

Thanks

Suggested posts