Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Double Charged

Re: Double Charged

I'm having the same problem!! I got charged $5.99 twice!! when I haven't submitted my documents yet.  Everytime you go to the spotify student section they make you enter your credit card details every single time, when it's already on for my current spotify premium. What is the point of such a useless thing? And charging people even though they havent submitted any documents for proof of being a uni student? This is outrageous to say the least. Come on Spotify what is this?

2 Replies

Hi @James156, welcome to the Spotify Community!

There are two things that could have happened here:

1. You hit the button twice when upgrading. If this is the case the two charges will be on the same date and your next payment date will be 2 months away. You can check by visiting your subscription page
  2. You’ve created a second account and subscribed to that one too. Are the charges on different dates? Check your other email inboxes for emails from Spotify.

Let us know if you’ve got any questions. Thanks!

No I'm still on spotify premium and it's charging me $11.99 per month so my next due date is in a months time, however I tried to switch to the student $5.99 discount twice but realised I needed documents so I'm currently waiting for my university to send them to me. But I still got charged $5.99 twice even though my student discount subscription hasn't even started as I haven't submitted the documents so it has not been upgraded from spotify premium to spotify student premium. Please fix this ASAP as I've paid $11.99 for normal premium and 2 x $5.99 for student premium that I have yet to recieve! Also I can't go to student verification without having to put in my credit card details again, and I know I'm going to be charged again for this incompetent service. Stop giving me generic automated responses.

Suggested posts