Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps asking me to pay premium every month even tho I already did.

Spotify keeps asking me to pay premium every month even tho I already did.

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Windows 10 and iPhone 6

My Question or Issue

So, I've been a premium memeber for almost two years now. But recently, more specifically around the beginning of this year, Spotify sent me an email asking me to "update" my payment. The same thing popped up on my phone as well. I didn't really think about it and continued using Spotify Premium and then after a week or two, Spotify told me I had "degrade" to Spotify Free in order to use it because I hadn't paid. It said the payment didn't work. So I just went on the computer and entered my credit information and all was good, I had Spotify Premium again. But after a month, the email was sent again and the red message popped up again in the app. I had to go to the website and enter my credit card information AGAIN. And now this is the third time that has happened and I want to know why the payment only works for a month and why I have to sign up again each month. There wasn't a problem when I entered my card information, it worked right away. And yet after a month, I'm forced to do the payment process all over again. It is quite tiring and I don't understand what the problem is. I'd appreciate it if anyone can help 🙂 Meanwhile, I will be signing up for Premium AGAIN. 

1 Reply

Hey, @6ok-_lxm0wp1l 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

About your issue, I suggest that you getting touch with your card customer service and check if your card is able to recurring payments and if they can say anything about it. And don't forget to take a look at this following article:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts